autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Current Favorite Soap/Shampoo

I believe the Optimum is a "pure" soap. If it does leave anything behind, I haven't noticed it and it hasn't interfered with the coatings I've used.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Likes Sports Fan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Is it really that good? I’ve always found its price tag a bit offensive.Current Favorite Soap/Shampoo
    The PBMG prices are high, but they so often have deals, including BOGO and free wash with purchase of [X], that I’ve accumulated 3 bottles of WG Autobathe. It’s a good soap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Not at all true. I find the lubricity to be very good at the prescribed dilution. In fact, the only other soap I've used which had more was the Poorboys, but I find the Optimum actually rinses off a little easier.
    I guess it depends on your water. I found Optimum to really lack lubrication. And the fake blueberry smell was annoying.

Post Thanks / Like

That could’ve been the same sort of situation with me and Gold Class. I use both Griots and 3D now and both foam fantastically and have great lubrication
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

6. Likes yakky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Fan View Post
    I've seen 3D Pink Car Soap mentioned a few times, but haven't seen CG Mr. Pink mentioned all that much. Considering that they are practically the same price, is there much of a difference (performance wise) between the two? I haven't tried either yet...but I am definitely interested in both.

Optimum Car Wash has been mentioned several times as well, so it seems that it is well liked and apparently does a really good job. It's definitely very affordable, that's for sure. The only knock I seem to recall hearing about it was that the lubricity at the recommended dilution ratio wasn't the greatest and that in order to maximize the lubricity the amount of OCW should be bumped up just a tad....is that true?
    I highly dislike Chemical Guys as a company because their products are 95% hype. The only reason they have a huge following is because they have a huge YouTube presence. Doesn't mean they're good just because they know how to market better (just like Patron tequila). So I never support them. Also, their soaps have never impressed me.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    I highly dislike Chemical Guys as a company because their products are 95% hype. The only reason they have a huge following is because they have a huge YouTube presence. Doesn't mean they're good just because they know how to market better (just like Patron tequila). So I never support them. Also, their soaps have never impressed me.
    Actually, I'm not impressed with their marketing. I find it a bit ridiculous that they can have an entire page dedicated to a product where they find different words, phrases and adjectives to describe the same thing over and over for three paragraphs. Not to mention, they highlight things like the gloss effect with superfluous ramblings while barely (if at all) touching on things like what dilution ratio to use, which conditions to avoid, what to expect longevity wise, etc. And to top it off, they'll use 6 pictures of practically the same shot, only from 5 different angles. Their "marketing" is designed to appeal more to emotional types with all the fluff they use to describe the appearance with little factual data or substance.

That said, I do like some of their products and think they have a lot of good products to offer consumers. Their main problems are superfluous fluff advertising and having WAAAYYYY too many products, many of which overlap one another and do practically the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

9. Likes conman1395 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Reset
    Adam's
    Honeydew

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I'm not impressed with their marketing. I find it a bit ridiculous that they can have an entire page dedicated to a product where they find different words, phrases and adjectives to describe the same thing over and over for three paragraphs. Not to mention, they highlight things like the gloss effect with superfluous ramblings while barely (if at all) touching on things like what dilution ratio to use, which conditions to avoid, what to expect longevity wise, etc. And to top it off, they'll use 6 pictures of practically the same shot, only from 5 different angles. Their "marketing" is designed to appeal more to emotional types with all the fluff they use to describe the appearance with little factual data or substance.

That said, I do like some of their products and think they have a lot of good products to offer consumers. Their main problems are superfluous fluff advertising and having WAAAYYYY too many products, many of which overlap one another and do practically the same thing.

That's exactly how I feel, I've just yet to find anything of theirs I can't find another brand that does it as well or better for cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

That's exactly how I feel, I've just yet to find anything of theirs I can't find another brand that does it as well or better for cheaper.

14. Likes Sports Fan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    I'm certainly not defending anyone here but you can say this about just about any company out there. I like their interior scents and have had no issues with their soaps except Citrus Wash, just flattened out the beading on my car.

I'm no marketing whiz but whatever their doing seems to be working for them. Derek0609 just told me the other that Chemical Guys are opening a store in Sterling Heights Michigan.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast