autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Current Favorite Soap/Shampoo

Chemical Guys products are hit and miss. Some are actually pretty good and I use them on a semi regular basis. The Honeydew Sno Foam does work well in the foam cannon. Their drying towel is nice and soft, but not as good as the Griots PFM. Their waterless wash is nice and slippery and it leaves some protection behind. The only other product I rather like is their citrus microfiber detergent. They have a store a few towns over from me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'm certainly not defending anyone here but you can say this about just about any company out there. I like their interior scents and have had no issues with their soaps except Citrus Wash, just flattened out the beading on my car.

I'm no marketing whiz but whatever their doing seems to be working for them. Derek0609 just told me the other that Chemical Guys are opening a store in Sterling Heights Michigan.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for bringing that up. I will be in the area visiting family for Easter. I'm going to hit up the grand opening to see what it's all about!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

3. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone feel that Collinite is the anti-Chemical Guys? Little-to-no advertising or BS. Very few products that just flat out work really well. Simple bottle labels that scream “I’ll let the stuff inside me do the talking”.

Anyways, to stay on topic, I do wish Collinite had a car shampoo and RW/WW. I would definitely check it out without Youtube needing to remind me to.

5. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Anyone feel that Collinite is the anti-Chemical Guys? Little-to-no advertising or BS. Very few products that just flat out work really well. Simple bottle labels that scream “I’ll let the stuff inside me do the talking”.

Anyways, to stay on topic, I do wish Collinite had a car shampoo and RW/WW. I would definitely check it out without Youtube needing to remind me to.
    Awesome post, Lol

I think Collinite will just keep doing what they do. Making some of the best LSP's on the market with no BS.

I believe I have even seen 500+ 5 star reviews on Amazon for 845. And their reviews usually are from trolls or straight up morons trying to trash a product.

Collinite. NY made, works and LASTS. (Nah, I'm not biased..........)
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

7. Likes acuRAS82, Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I'm enjoying the roasting of Chemical Guys' marketing practices....I just wanted to take a moment to interject a little something kind of on-topic here.

Well....I'm not sure whether to thank or to curse some of you (because my wallet's lighter now)...but due to the responses singing the praises of Optimum Car Wash and 3D Pink Car Soap...I figured that I would go ahead and take advantage of the AG 25% flash sale today and order a bottle of both soaps to try. I probably already had enough car soap to last the remainder of this calendar year, but I figure that if these products are keepers, maybe I'll just gift some of my current soap to some friends and family members.

Post Thanks / Like

Although I agree chem guys has way to many products. I think they make great soaps. Mr pink is nice and love their snow foams. I saw a list and most of their soaps left polymers but a couple didn’t and I believe pink was one. Just so many to go through to figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Fan View Post
    ....due to the responses singing the praises of Optimum Car Wash and 3D Pink Car Soap...I figured that I would go ahead and take advantage of the AG 25% flash sale today and order a bottle of both soaps to try.
    My order from AG arrived last week, and when there's a break in the weather and I'm aren't experiencing rain every single day I plan on giving one of these a try. I guess the real question is, which one should I try first?

Current Favorite Soap/Shampoo-soaps-jpg

11. Likes derass liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Fan View Post
    My order from AG arrived last week, and when there's a break in the weather and I'm aren't experiencing rain every single day I plan on giving one of these a try. I guess the real question is, which one should I try first?

Current Favorite Soap/Shampoo-soaps-jpg
    Optimum. I tried Pink soap and was underwhelmed.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

On my personal vehicles which all have coatings on them I like and use CarPro Reset. 1oz makes 5gals+ of super soapy water that cleans great and rinses easily. I'm open to a Meg's Gal. size product source that is just as good and clean / residual free but just haven't researched or looked into it much. Reset is pricey but again, I only use it on my vehicles so it's okay. On customer cars that I'm about to work on I use OTC cheap stuff that is like $5 gal as I'm stripping everything off them anyway.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    That could’ve been the same sort of situation with me and Gold Class. I use both Griots and 3D now and both foam fantastically and have great lubrication
    Which 3D soap? I'm looking to see if anyone has tried their 'Super Soap' yet

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast