autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

GTechniq CSL+Exo v4 or Cquartz UK 3+Gliss

Hi,

I've had experience with Exo 3 by itself a few years ago and it was pretty good but didn't seem to last that long. Polished it off and then put on Cquartz uk 3.0. It was great but recently got into a fender bender so new panels yadda yadda. Now I'm looking to get the car recoated.

I know both brands are reputable but would like to know your guys' thoughts regarding the combos. Both are about 150CAD from where I'm at. I saw some videos of CSL being almost wipe on wipe off and extremely slick from the getgo [unlike CQuartz's grabby feel] and was somewhat intrigued

Post Thanks / Like

GTechniq CSL+Exo v4 or Cquartz UK 3+Gliss

Take a look at the CQuartz TiO2. I have very good luck with it. I am in the south so I dont normally have to worry about the lower working temps. I recently did tio2 with gliss comparison and gliss is not needed with that version. I could not tell a difference in feel or with water test between the tio2 half and the tio2 + Gliss half. Hard to tell on this white car but passenger side is tio2 + gliss and driver is tio2 only. . Sorry, can’t load the video but there was no discernible difference in hydrophobic properties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thanks frag2 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GTechniq CSL+Exo v4 or Cquartz UK 3+Gliss

Quote Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
    Hi,

I've had experience with Exo 3 by itself a few years ago and it was pretty good but didn't seem to last that long. Polished it off and then put on Cquartz uk 3.0. It was great but recently got into a fender bender so new panels yadda yadda. Now I'm looking to get the car recoated.

I know both brands are reputable but would like to know your guys' thoughts regarding the combos. Both are about 150CAD from where I'm at. I saw some videos of CSL being almost wipe on wipe off and extremely slick from the getgo [unlike CQuartz's grabby feel] and was somewhat intrigued
    CSL is essentially wipe on wipe off both so is CQUK 3.0. CSL is indeed slicker but it lacks in the hydrophobic water behavior aspect in a side by side comparison with CQUK 3.0. Thus Exo is needed as a topper to get that water behavior. Gliss will add slickness to CQUK 3.0. Not as slick as Exo but not far behind.

If you want to try something different then go with the GTechniq combo. If you like the performance with CQUK then stick with that and give Gliss a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevine View Post
    Take a look at the CQuartz TiO2. I have very good luck with it. I am in the south so I dont normally have to worry about the lower working temps. I recently did tio2 with gliss comparison and gliss is not needed with that version. I could not tell a difference in feel or with water test between the tio2 half and the tio2 + Gliss half. Hard to tell on this white car but passenger side is tio2 + gliss and driver is tio2 only. Sorry, can’t load the video but there was no discernible difference in hydrophobic properties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TiO2 is another good option but CSL and Exo still beats it in slickness. As I mentioned on the CarPro forum, Gliss retains the same 110 degree contact angle as TiO2 and CQUK so you should not notice a difference in water behavior. Gliss will also add longevity to the base layer as well as needing little maintenance instead of using Reload (insert favorite SiO2 maintenance sealant) every few weeks. Gliss retains its slickness and self cleaning effect much longer. Gliss is still an option and is not a must over either Cquartz coating. But at least you tried it. Report back if longevity is better on one side or the other.

5. Thanks frag2 thanked for this post
    Likes DBAILEY, cullen2505 liked this post