autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

BF Pro Ceramic re coat ?

Hello, is it possible or beneficial to add multiple coats of BF Pro Ceramic coating after the initial coating is applied, or does a complete buff need to be done again. I have seen it says a second coat can be applied an hour after the initial, but nothing concerning re coating at a later date to add protection.

Thanks

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

BF Pro Ceramic coating

Hello, is it possible or beneficial to add multiple coats of BF Pro Ceramic coating after the initial coating is applied, or does a complete buff need to be done again. I have seen it says a second coat can be applied an hour after the initial, but nothing concerning re coating at a later date to add protection.

Thanks

3. Likes prin liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: BF Pro Ceramic coating

Quote Originally Posted by pizzano View Post

Hello, is it possible or beneficial to add multiple coats of BF Pro Ceramic coating after the initial coating is applied, or does a complete buff need to be done again.

I have seen it says a second coat can be applied an hour after the initial, but nothing concerning re coating at a later date to add protection.

Thanks

If a second coat of any ceramic coating is applied to the first application after the manufacturers recommended waiting time the surface of the first application is still clean, perfect and pristine.

You can't say that about the surface once the vehicle leaves the protected area where the initial work was done.

Maybe if the car is simply moved from one clean environment to a second clean environment and never driven.

As soon as you put the car back into service - it's exposed to the world. The world from my observation isn't very clean.

You could wash the car with a was that adds nothing and possibly use a prep wipe or prep polish to re-clean the coated surface and then re-apply another application of the initial use coating, (or any coating), and that would probably work but there's no real way of knowing what's going on at the surface level until we can shrink ourselves down to the sub-atomic particle size and walk around on the surface of the paint and a look-see.

Mike Phillips

Re: BF Pro Ceramic re coat ?

Please don't create duplicate posts in different forum groups.

Create one thread.

I will now merge this thread with your other thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Directions from the product page

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Directions from the product page

As stated I have seen that determination, but was specifically asking down the road after initial coat , and after that time, Mike explained it , thanks. The vehicle in question is always covered and only detailed or wiped down with Carpro EcH2O, car never gets washed nor needs it, same as all my street machine vehicles, I am pretty anal about that, just wasnt sure about adding another coat like you would a say wax or sealant. Thnks