autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

3D ONE vs. BOSS Correcting Cream

I have been researching and considering these two products, and from what I've gathered they appear to be very similar. 3D ONE is advertised as somewhat of an all-in-one (similar to HD Speed) except the cut is more aggressive and it doesn't contain any fillers or wax. BOSS Correcting Cream also seems like a bit of an all-in-one in the sense that it can be used to correct moderate to more severe paint defects while also finishing down really well. Both products seem to be fairly pad dependent. So my question is, are these products too similar to consider having both (since they seem to have pretty much the same capabilities), or are there any advantages of one (no pun intended) over the other?

This would be used on two different vehicles, both with soft paint ('07 Kia Optima and '16 Honda Accord). The Kia needs fairly substantial paint correction while the Accord is in very good condition (minus a few light to more moderate scratches). The polisher that will be used is a Griot's Garage 6" DA (GG6). Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D ONE vs. BOSS Correcting Cream

I’d just go with the correction cream,works great and no dust or mess. Also very little needed.

Post Thanks / Like

3D ONE vs. BOSS Correcting Cream

Correction cream will finish better, generally speaking. Pad for pad, ONE will cut more. I wouldn’t use either on soft paint, unless you plan to follow with a finer polish.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your input, guys, it is very much appreciated.

It seems that these two products are very similar, but as WRAPT said and judging from things I've heard, the 3D product should provide a little better cut. I also agree that maybe going with something like Sonax Perfect Finish or EX 04/06 might initially be a better first alternative to use on soft paint.

I'm not sure that having both would be necessary, but if found at a great price may not be bad having both either. The '07 Kia will definitely require more correction, due to an minor accident (no body damage, just paint), while the Accord is in much better shape. The BOSS CC does have a longer track record so I can understand and appreciate the support for it....the BOSS line of Griot's creams definitely seem like good products to have on hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Fan View Post
    Thanks for your input, guys, it is very much appreciated.

It seems that these two products are very similar, but as WRAPT said and judging from things I've heard, the 3D product should provide a little better cut. I also agree that maybe going with something like Sonax Perfect Finish or EX 04/06 might initially be a better first alternative to use on soft paint.

I'm not sure that having both would be necessary, but if found at a great price may not be bad having both either. The '07 Kia will definitely require more correction, due to an minor accident (no body damage, just paint), while the Accord is in much better shape. The BOSS CC does have a longer track record so I can understand and appreciate the support for it....the BOSS line of Griot's creams definitely seem like good products to have on hand.
    I'd buy Perfect Finish over 04/06 any day of the week. IMO, Fast Correct Cream, Correct Cream, and Perfect Finish should be able to tackle 97% of cars out there.
    '03 Corvette Z06

6. Likes Sports Fan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve done cars with what people call soft paint with correction cream and had no problems. Used it with all the Griot’s pads and it cuts as much as you need or finishes LSP ready. That’s why with the pads and creams you have over 300 combinations.

8. Likes VISITOR, Sports Fan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2 weeks ago I finally used HD ONE with dedicated cut/polish pads on my wife's coated Jetta. There were fine/semi deep scratches from crappy winter washes. No matter what I do I just can't avoid a 100% swirl free finish through a Midwest winter. I went through and did one panel at a time. First cut, then polish. I have to say I was very impressed with the final outcome. It was easy to remove, and I think it finished out with amazing results. Now, I had to use Sonax 04/06 on the black pillars, because that's the best way I am able to finish those. Now, VW paint is on the harder side, so I'm not quite sure how it will finish out on a softer paint. But for me, using my Boss 21 with the HD pads, I was very happy

10. Likes Sports Fan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have both, and prefer HD One. For the cars that I used it on, it cut and finished better. Both will have a place on my shelf, however.

12. Likes Sports Fan liked this post