autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Cquartz UK or DLUX for wheels

I have searched around and plenty of threads where people state you can use either, but DLUX has higher heat protection of 800F.

Does anyone have experience using both as a comparison?
    Anyo e know what the heat protection limit is for CQ UK?
    Is one easier to apply on wheels (black painted aluminum in my case)?
    Does one last longer in anyone’s experience with both?
    How much product is required to do barrel and face of 4 wheels?

Guess I’m just trying to understand any pro/cons of using either as I have half a bottle (15ml of 30ml bottle) of DLUX and new bottle of CQuartz. Going to pull wheels and clean, polish and apply a coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cquartz UK or DLUX for wheels

I've used both and actually preferred the UK. It's easier to apply and lasted 8 months compared to 6 or so for DLUX. I did 2 wheels each on the same car and you'll find that a basic cleaning regiment is still needed, if you think you can go months without washing both coatings will get beat. I look at coatings as more of a maintanence assistant than a magical force field

On black wheels you'll need to really watch for high spots in all the corners

3. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarkmac View Post
    I have searched around and plenty of threads where people state you can use either, but DLUX has higher heat protection of 800F.

Guess I’m just trying to understand any pro/cons of using either as I have half a bottle (15ml of 30ml bottle) of DLUX and new bottle of CQuartz. Going to pull wheels and clean, polish and apply a coating.
    I can't link to other forums, per AG rules. On the carpro forums, a a Carpro employee, Corey said below regarding similar question.

I've used neither so cannot comment.

Cquartz UK or DLUX for wheels-screenshot_20190324-102322_samsung-internet-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Don't mean to throw a wrench into this but because of how good the spray on, hose off sealants are today, not to mention how easy they are to apply, why wouldn't you guys go this routeCquartz UK or DLUX for wheels

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarkmac View Post

You will be fine using either one and they both perform well. If you truly want to test which is better, then I suggest to coat one front wheel with DLUX and the other CQUK. That will give you a better idea of how they both hold up in the long term.

One has to factor things like care and the environment the surface is exposed to fir durability. Which is why I mentioned to test each coating on one wheel to make that determination.

Same goes for how much product one needs. The wheel size is one thing to consider. You don't need a lot of product with either coating.

From an application aspect DLUX does not need to sit long. It can almost be wipe on wipe off depending on the temperature and humidity. It will feel very tacky upon leveling but that will lessen as it cures. Since you have already used CQUK 3.0 then you know how it applies.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Don't mean to throw a wrench into this but because of how good the spray on, hose off sealants are today, not to mention how easy they are to apply, why wouldn't you guys go this routeCquartz UK or DLUX for wheels

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The one thing I noticed with these spray on rinse off sealants is that they tend to attract more dirt than a typical wheel coating. Just my observation. Sure it may take longer to prep wheels for a typical wheel coating but in the long run it is worth it compared to these spray on rinse off sealants/coatings.

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    The one thing I noticed with these spray on rinse off sealants is that they tend to attract more dirt than a typical wheel coating. Just my observation. Sure it may take longer to prep wheels for a typical wheel coating but in the long run it is worth it compared to these spray on rinse off sealants/coatings.
    Agreed, I've noticed the same thing.

9. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went through the same thing and settled on UK.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    I can't link to other forums, per AG rules. On the carpro forums, a a Carpro employee, Corey said below regarding similar question.

I've used neither so cannot comment.

Cquartz UK or DLUX for wheels-screenshot_20190324-102322_samsung-internet-jpg
    FYI, Corey is the owner of Carpro USA.