autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

I searched and didn’t find a specific thread but...does beadmaker seem like a dust magnet to anyone else?

I have been using beadmaker on my personal ride for about a month. The stuff is pretty amazing. Super slick, super shiny, and the only thing I have had time to do on my brand new Silverado. There is no other product on my truck as it needs the dealer installed swirls removed and a ceramic coating, I just haven’t had the time yet. The paint looks really good and it bears water really well but holy cow, it is a dust and pollen magnet.

Has as anyone else noticed that beadmaker seems to attract more dust than other products? My wife’s navigator has system x diamond coating that I clean and top with “green juice” and it doesn’t get near as dusty in the same time my truck does.

We we also have some friends staying with us while their house is being built and they don’t take care of their cars at all. Just run through the automatic swirl installer, and their cars stay less dusty than my truck.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Have others found this stuff to be a pollen and dust magnet?

J.P.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I searched and didn’t find a specific thread but...does beadmaker seem like a dust magnet to anyone else?

I have not found it to attract dust.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

3. Thanks jmeyers278 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I searched and didn’t find a specific thread but...does beadmaker seem like a dust magnet to anyone else?

Sometimes neglected cars attract less dust (or appear to), probably because she there’s never static on them cause they don’t get buffed, they have a layer of road grime which is probably not a dust attractor, or they do get dust but it blends in with the grime.

Clean surfaces look dirtier faster because it’s a contrast from the clean parts.

I’m not saying BM doesn’t attract dust, and your wife’s LSP obviously attracts less. This dirty car rant is just an observation of what i think.

5. Thanks jmeyers278 thanked for this post
    Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to ask, what color is the new Siverado truck? Color means everything when we are talking dust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomkirby View Post
    I have to ask, what color is the new Siverado truck? Color means everything when we are talking dust.
    Metallic silver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

IME, Beadmaker neither attract nor repel dust, no more no less than other products.

Sometimes I use california duster to dust the car off if I have light dust.

9. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's pollen season in much of the US right now. Could what you're seeing be seasonal?

Post Thanks / Like

I think I replied to this topic on the Autogeek Facebook forum and this has been my issue with Beadmaker, as well. I'm in Arizona and my results have been less than impressive with Beadmaker. Yes, it's glossy. Yes, it's slick as snot. Yes, it initially has *some* hydrophobic properties when first applied - but holy cow, the dust is just ridiculous. Perhaps the level of pollen this Spring here in the desert is above average and maybe it is seasonal occurrence, but my own vehicle was completely covered after first applying. Maybe your results aren't quite as noticeable if you're in the Midwest or on the east coast, but here in the desert - the level of dust this product attracted was extremely noticeable to me. I'm going to search for a new LSP / spray wax because I enjoy using it after a quick wash. I don't know what other kind of mythical creature exists (and maybe it doesn't exist), but I don't think Beadmaker is the end all / be all that some make it out be. I don't think it's as prevalent here on the actual forum, but on the Autogeek Facebook group, people act like it's capable of curing cancer and purchase it by the pallet.
    - Scott.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I put beak maker on our 2 white cars for the first time. Bautiful gloss and very slick. Within 8 hours of the application our one car that we drove this day and had in city parking lots was got covered in dust after only a few hours. Normal sealants that I have used have never done this before. I was so very excited to try the product and now I am unlikely to try it again.

Mike Phillips

Just to chime in....

Before you attach blame for static electricity in your car's paint to any product - read this article,

Static Electricity and Dust Attraction to your Car's Paint

14. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post