autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Essence xtreme Gloss

Hi everyone,

I’m going to paint correct then apply UK 3.0 to my new truck I’m putting together an order ( I’m pulling the trigger and upgrading to a Rupes 15 mark III).

I’m wondering if I should add gloss enhancer and a few gloss pads (for use with my PC). It’s wanted to get some thoughts on the product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Essence xtreme Gloss

Congratulations o the new Truck.

Absolutely! Essence is simply stunning. Just when you think you have the most gloss out of the paintwork you’re working on, something about Essence makes you wanna try it & see what happens . . . More gloss! That’s what happens! Awesome product, & as Don (fly07sti) touched on in another thread - Essence will be ‘synergistic’ with CarPro’s CQuartz Coatings.

Perfect way to apply Essence is indeed with CarPro Gloss Pads. Beautiful pads.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

3. Likes The Guz, fly07sti, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I always use Essence prior to coating with Cquartz. It’s a product I will always have in my arsenal.

5. Likes The Guz, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Those guys are right it’s my favorite polish. I really like it as follow up to compound. They say u can go straight to coating but I do light prep wax silicone remover. I read a cool article on these essence like primers it was a different company can’t remember but what was cool in this article was the company alleged the use of a da pushed the silica deep into paint pores and helped the coating in durability keyword “alleged”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    I've asked this before, but I like different opinions... do you expect any finishing abilities out of Essence when using these super soft gloss pads, or have you already perfected the finish at this point knowing that this is ONLY going to lay down the SiO2 primer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I've asked this before, but I like different opinions... do you expect any finishing abilities out of Essence when using these super soft gloss pads, or have you already perfected the finish at this point knowing that this is ONLY going to lay down the SiO2 primer?

Great question.

Yes & No.

A lot of the time . . . Actually, most of the time I think I have achieved the maximum amount of gloss, depth & clarity when undertaking the finishing polish stage of a ‘correction’ & although knowing in the back of your mind that Essence can further enhance the finish, still doubts are there.

What harm could a quick test spot do???

Then, there it is! What you ‘expected’. More gloss, a deeper depth to the finish & a clarity that at times almost alters the colour all together. Black seems ‘blacker’, reds appear more vibrant, it’s crazy stuff Essence. Kinda an Expect the unexpected scenario I guess.

Personally, I don’t use it nor like it as a finishing polish as such, & I really don’t think that was its intended purpose but as a ‘gloss enhancer/primer’ its Win Win Win in my book.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

9. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good question about those pads I was wondering too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy5431 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I’m going to paint correct then apply UK 3.0 to my new truck I’m putting together an order ( I’m pulling the trigger and upgrading to a Rupes 15 mark III).

I’m wondering if I should add gloss enhancer and a few gloss pads (for use with my PC). It’s wanted to get some thoughts on the product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Im not sure what gloss enhancer is but you will want some new pads fort your pc as well. It's very hard to do a whole car with a long throw polisher because the pads won't rotate on curves and contours.

If you get the pad flat enough to actually rotate you won't have sufficient contact on the paint. People may disagree but its self explanatory in my opinion. If the pad is flat and the panel is contoured then only the highest point on the contour will be getting polished. Any pressure or angle to change that will only stall the pad.

In this example the straight line represents the pad and the circle the panel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Congratulations o the new Truck.

Absolutely! Essence is simply stunning. Just when you think you have the most gloss out of the paintwork you’re working on, something about Essence makes you wanna try it & see what happens . . . More gloss! That’s what happens! Awesome product, & as Don (fly07sti) touched on in another thread - Essence will be ‘synergistic’ with CarPro’s CQuartz Coatings.

Aaryn NZ.
    Yeah it adds gloss because it leaves protection behind, You would have to polish your paint then wax it to be a fair comparison to polish and essence

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Essence is a true finishing polish. It will do correction even with a wax pad. It has the same abrasive as any given finishing polish more or less. If you use another finishing polish and then essence you will be doing the finishing polish step twice.

If you were going to do that and you didn't want to repeat the finishing polish step twice I recommend using the non abrasive essence so you don't have to worry about doing the extra work of fully breaking the abrasive down.

I've posted a lot but I just thought of another tip I wanted to share. If you are buying pads to use with the Rupes polisher then you would be much better off buying the Rupes line of pads. Not only because they are made to work with the polisher but also because they are some of the best pads around in that style.

Im not trying to start any arguments just giving my opinion to someone who is going through the same things I just went through trying to find what works and what doesn't. The detailing process is long enough without doing unnecessary steps.

14. Thanks Mikertt thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast