autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Heading over to the warehouse tomorrow. Need suggestion for one-step to pickup

I like the Sonax polishes. If you don't want to have a heavy cut compound as Cutmax is. You could get the Cut and Finish and EX 04-06 or Perfect Finish. EX 04-06 is made for orbital polishers and Perfect Finish is rotary version but works as great with a orbital polisher too. Then you have a combo of great medium cut polish and polish/finishing polish. That is versitale if a polish is not enough and still finish great on hard paints with Cut and Finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Heading over to the warehouse tomorrow. Need suggestion for one-step to pickup

[QUOTE=Coatingsarecrack;1623128]When you one step with essence, what pads you use? Would any that I have would you recommend? Griots boss yellow pads LC CCS orange and green. B&S MF finishing pads.

Thanks

I will use either BOSS MF pads or Tangerine Hydro-Tech

3. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    I see you mentioned that you have the correcting compound. Is it the McKeees 37 compound? It used to be called Fast Compound but has been relabeled as FC-717 Swirl Remover, basically the same cut and finish just has a different scent. If you do indeed have the McKee's 37 compound, then that should be able to finish down to your liking. If that is not the compound you are referring to, my recommendation would be either 3D One or the Griot's Fast Correcting Cream/Correcting Cream as mentioned above.
    Yeah that's the one... No wonder I couldn't find it.

imo it's a little too strong for a one off. Leaves little haze that needs to be finished off with something else.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Well by definition a "1-step" leaves something behind besides polishing. Otherwise it's just a regular polish
    I consider that an "all in one".

I believe 1 step is a surface prep that is done in 1 step. As in you don't need correcting compound followed by finishing compound (2 step).

A DAT would be a 1 step I'd think.

That's why I explained what I was referring to. Everyone call them sometbing else lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I just Googled the sonax 4/6. I think I'll give that a try... I'm actually going there to get the sonax wheel sealant lol.

I've always liked German stuff. Should work well with thr hybrid force orange pads and the flex.

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that sucks. This is what you get for trying to read up in the car. I got the perfect finish l, but I meant to get the ex one for my DA... Ugh Heading over to the warehouse tomorrow. Need suggestion for one-step to pickup

Post Thanks / Like

I think more people get perfect finish to use on a DA than a rotary. You’ll be fine with that one.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    My go to products for “1 steps” are Hyper Polish, Sonax 4-6 and Essence.
    Hyper Polish is a 1 step? I was sure it was a finishing polish. I got to try Optimum's polishes at some point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    When you one step with essence, what pads you use? Would any that I have would you recommend? Griots boss yellow pads LC CCS orange and green. B&S MF finishing pads.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Essence is really picky about conditions you work in. If you work outside, don't work it long or it will turn into glue and get unremovable from the panel. If you work inside a garage, some people like it for light correction with a polishing pad. Personally, I only use it as a glaze prior to coating. So finishing pad, 1 medium pass, 1 fast pass and 1 super fast pass. It does make the paint shine quite a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11B250 View Post
    I consider that an "all in one".

I believe 1 step is a surface prep that is done in 1 step. As in you don't need correcting compound followed by finishing compound (2 step).

A DAT would be a 1 step I'd think.

That's why I explained what I was referring to. Everyone call them sometbing else lol.

Ya terms get thrown around looselly in the detailing industry, I don't know why that is.

I am with you on this one, a one step for me is a one step polish. Otherwise it's called an all in one when it also includes a last step product. But people think "hey, it does all of it in one step"... they are not wrong but why they are thinking about is an all in one I even mentioned this to the new guys doing the AG videos now... they held on to their guns and said that no, a compound/polish/wax is a one step... so what can you do?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast