autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tac System Moonlight IGL Premier

I know they're different type products but for those of you who have or do use them as standalone products what are your thoughts on looks, durability, ease of use longevity etc....Any comments as well as pictures would be amazing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Likes panthershark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tac System Moonlight IGL Premier

So I used this product and applied to two of our cars about 7-8 months ago. The product is easy to apply and love the gloss and hydrophobic effects it delivers. Since 7-8 months ago have used a detail spray ever so often.

As you can tell from the pic, two cars only took up about 1/3 of the bottle. I proceeded to tighten it and placed it in a cool/dry cabinet

After seeing your post this morning, I made a mental note to self that maybe I should do a repeat application this coming weekend (Not that it really needed it, just a project for weekend) when I got home to check out the inventory of items to prepare and order anything that I may be missing, this is what I found...somehow, don’t know how it solidified (maybe the air within the bottle when I stored it 7-8 months ago?).

While I’m bummed that I will not be able to use, it does give me a nice feeling and proof that these products are providing a layer of strong protection!!!

Pic of the results from last application

4. Likes Klasse Act, Oz_TCH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used Moonlight as a topper for my TAC system Power Plus and its amazing! The self cleaning aspects of the coating are maintained as is the glossy finish. I suggest applying it like a coating and please, oh please....don't even bother trying to use the sprayer, this stuff is legit and clogs and crystalizes the sprayer! Don't let his scare you but to inform you, this isn't your average product, there's something going on in the bottle for sure. I would also like to mention 1 step Master and Quartz Max....get them!!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes panthershark, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by panthershark View Post

So I used this product and applied to two of our cars about 7-8 months ago. The product is easy to apply and love the gloss and hydrophobic effects it delivers. Since 7-8 months ago have used a detail spray ever so often.

As you can tell from the pic, two cars only took up about 1/3 of the bottle. I proceeded to tighten it and placed it in a cool/dry cabinet

After seeing your post this morning, I made a mental note to self that maybe I should do a repeat application this coming weekend (Not that it really needed it, just a project for weekend) when I got home to check out the inventory of items to prepare and order anything that I may be missing, this is what I found...somehow, don’t know how it solidified (maybe the air within the bottle when I stored it 7-8 months ago?).

While I’m bummed that I will not be able to use, it does give me a nice feeling and proof that these products are providing a layer of strong protection!!!

Pic of the results from last application

MX-5 looks great. Good to know you like it. That's the only thing I worry about though as I pretty much only take care of my car. I wish they sold it in a smaller bottle. What detail sprays did you use on top?

8. Likes panthershark, Oz_TCH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I've used Moonlight as a topper for my TAC system Power Plus and its amazing! The self cleaning aspects of the coating are maintained as is the glossy finish. I suggest applying it like a coating and please, oh please....don't even bother trying to use the sprayer, this stuff is legit and clogs and crystalizes the sprayer! Don't let his scare you but to inform you, this isn't your average product, there's something going on in the bottle for sure. I would also like to mention 1 step Master and Quartz Max....get them!!
    Good to know. No experience with it as a standalone?

10. Likes panthershark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but I don't but hope you explore the world of TAC systems, they've been here for about a year and a half. If you contact them ask for David, he's the NA rep and is a great, great guy, tell him Roger in Chicagoland sent youTac System Moonlight IGL Premier

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

12. Likes panthershark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For some time I was using P&S Bead Maker but recently after product launch have used one application of the new Gyeon QD...have been happy using both...but the Gloss that Gyeon leaves is impressive....

Again use the products on top of the moonlight every 2-3 washes

Post Thanks / Like

Moonlight is an oily product and a little goes a long way, ESPECIALLY because of thisTac System Moonlight IGL Premier

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but I don't but hope you explore the world of TAC systems, they've been here for about a year and a half. If you contact them ask for David, he's the NA rep and is a great, great guy, tell him Roger in Chicagoland sent youTac System Moonlight IGL Premier

Will do and I'm strongly considering it.

16. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Klasse Act, how did you apply the tac power plus? inside or outside?

I recently watched apex detailing applying it, i think i seen you comment on a few of the tac videos!

Have you tried moonlight has a stand alone?
    I'm looking for about 12 mths of protection - i'm leaning towards moonlight maintained with quartz max or shinnemax. Would it be worth it to re-apply in the fall to top up protection for the winter months?

However, Power plus looks like a breeze to apply, maybe i'll just go with that.

Happy easter!

PS have you had any issues with the shelf life of moonlight like the above poster? maybe air got inside.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast