autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most durable ceramic coating?

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    On the subject of maintenance wash. Should I reset wash before or after iron x and far x?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Depends on how dirty the paint is.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most durable ceramic coating?

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    On the subject of maintenance wash. Should I reset wash before or after iron x and far x?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For me it depending on the tools I have at hand. If you have a PW and leafblower or a car blowdryer. I would foam a prewash or a degreaser like a bug remover. Then PW clean rinsing it off. Blow dry and apply TarX first and PW clean rinsing it off from bottom and up. Blow dry again and you don't need to be extremly thorough when doing this. Apply the IronX and PW clean rinsing it off. Wash with Reset and dry. I useally try to spray on both TarX and IronX on a small area where I noticed that it was a lot of tar or iron bleeding. If nothing shows to desolve you are good to go.

Tar remover and iron remover is noticeble more effective on dry paint and not get diluted. So if you only have a hose and no blow dryer or maybe just a PW. If hose I would do a wash but remember to switch to a clean wash media and wash solution after the tar remover and iron remover. And if you don't have a so dirty car and know that you don't have much contaminants. I would apply at least the tar remover on dry paint and often just needed on the side panels and the back of the car where you have it fling up to. Rinse thoroughly it off and sheet rinsing as much as possible to get the least amount of water left on the panels. IronX it and rinse it off and do the wash. If the paint is really dirty ad the Reset wash as the first step after rinsing off all the loose dirt off. And since you have washed it you can dry it before the TarX and IronX applications.

3. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123