autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cquartz uk cure then gliss

I’m putting on CQ 3.0 today and plan to put on GLISS as top coat. It’s not my DD so I can either let CQ cure for a day and then GLISS or just the 4h min. In fact I can leave the CQ to cure all week if there’s any benefit as it’s in a garage.

my question is whether there is any benefit to letting CQ cure longer than the min 4h before GLISS?

I assume if I leave it a few days to cure I just do a quick earser pass before GLISS?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cquartz uk cure then gliss

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarkmac View Post
    I’m putting on CQ 3.0 today and plan to put on GLISS as top coat. It’s not my DD so I can either let CQ cure for a day and then GLISS or just the 4h min. In fact I can leave the CQ to cure all week if there’s any benefit as it’s in a garage.

my question is whether there is any benefit to letting CQ cure longer than the min 4h before GLISS?

I assume if I leave it a few days to cure I just do a quick earser pass before GLISS?
    No added benefit letting CQUK sit for a week prior to applying Gliss. You are fine after 4 hours.

In my opinion get it done all in one day or the following day.

Post Thanks / Like

If you did that in my garage you would scratch the living daylights out of it. I know my garage is prob way more dusty then most but I have to do a quick waterless if I leave it sitting any amount of time even hours. The dust builds up very fast for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I’m planning two coats of CQ and then will wait 4h and do earaser then GLISS.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I’m planning two coats of CQ and then will wait 4h and do earaser then GLISS.
    Skip Eraser after CQUK. Get yourself a plush towel and just have it barely touch the surface and let the microfiber pick up whatever dust has accumulated on the surface. I doubt you will have that much dust in 4 hours. Not to mention that you don't want to disturb the uncured coats of CQUK.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Skip Eraser after CQUK. Get yourself a plush towel and just have it barely touch the surface and let the microfiber pick up whatever dust has accumulated on the surface. I doubt you will have that much dust in 4 hours. Not to mention that you don't want to disturb the uncured coats of CQUK.
    Perfect. Thanks for the advice. What had be guessing was the CQ instructions. Says second coat 45-60 min after first, otherwise wait a day. However GLISS says wait 4h. Just seemed like there must be. Cure time somewhere between 60 min and one day, but GLISS is fine but after 4h.

ill drop the eraser step after CQ.

Post Thanks / Like

What Guz said....
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect. Thanks for the advice. What had be guessing was the CQ instructions. Says second coat 45-60 min after first, otherwise wait a day. However GLISS says wait 4h. Just seemed like there must be. Cure time somewhere between 60 min and one day, but GLISS is fine but after 4h.

ill drop the eraser step after CQ.
    It’s because more than an hour CQ UK is already too far in the curing process and applying a second coat then causes a hazy mess. So must be done before it gets to that point or only next day after it’s cured enough to not give you a hard time.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    It’s because more than an hour CQ UK is already too far in the curing process and applying a second coat then causes a hazy mess. So must be done before it gets to that point or only next day after it’s cured enough to not give you a hard time.
    Good to know. Thanks for the tip. So I assume after 4h GLISS doesn’t have the haze issue and CQ is far enough along.

given this is my first time with CQ I’m not sure I’ll be done the first coat of within 60 min so may need to wait over night.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to know. Thanks for the tip. So I assume after 4h GLISS doesn’t have the haze issue and CQ is far enough along.

given this is my first time with CQ I’m not sure I’ll be done the first coat of within 60 min so may need to wait over night.
    What you can do is start a timer as you begin and as it approaches 1 hour stop at your current panel and repeat the same ones you did at first. Then do the rest of the car which should take less than 1 hour and repeat those panels. Helps you get the 2 coats down without having to wait overnight. If you have time do gliss after 4 hours, if not do that one next day. I find that layering coatings works better if you do while they’re not far along the curing process and you get more out of it. If they are too cured they reject the new coat (depends on what you’re using) and most of that new coat gets wiped away.
    Bruno Soares

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast