autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cquartz uk cure then gliss

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarkmac View Post
    No, never tried it but now that you describe the process I won’t be for this purpose. I thought it may be an easier application than CQ or DLUX because you spray it.
    Nope, not on a grill. You’d still have to wipe it in and wipe it clean of streaks. Besides Reload isn’t anywhere near on the level of an actual coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Guz you have lot of good info have question I ignored UK for longest time trying others when I finally decided to tried UK I loved it. I think it has good beading is gliss changing anything for the better than say a reload type topper. I have put off gliss but bugging to try it. Can someone tell adifference between uk vs Uk + gliss.

Post Thanks / Like

I can only say that the amount of slickness between CQ3.0 and Gliss was significant. Pulling the MF across the trunk from CK3.0 to Gliss area was night and day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarkmac View Post

Now I need to do wheels and trim with DLUX, and leather coatings next weekend. Hopefully its just easy street for the next year with Reset washes.

Anyone have suggestions for how to coat a honeycomb plastic grill with DLUX? I may just do Gliss given how easy it was to wipe, as they honeycombs are only big enough to put one finger in. They are the one spot where water and dirt settle after a wash and always seemed to leave a little residue. Would love to have them slick so water can just be blown out after wash.
    How complex is the honeycomb grille? I coated mine with DLUX using a combination of a swab and suede applicator to coat the honeycomb grille's on my car. I just hit them with hydro2 a couple weeks ago as maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    Guz you have lot of good info have question I ignored UK for longest time trying others when I finally decided to tried UK I loved it. I think it has good beading is gliss changing anything for the better than say a reload type topper. I have put off gliss but bugging to try it. Can someone tell adifference between uk vs Uk + gliss.
    Gliss is going to give you the same contact angle as UK. So you won't notice a difference in that aspect. On my car, side by side there is no noticeable difference between the two combinations you are asking about. You will notice the difference when it comes to tactile feel. Gliss adds that slickness to UK. CQUK 3.0 is much less tackier than the previous version.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m about to apply cquk3. I don’t really care about slickness if contact angle (self cleaning?) is same. Is their a visual difference (gloss, depth)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123