autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Any recommendations on applying M37 paint coating V2?

Any recommendations on applying the M37 coating? I'm going to polish the paint then use the paint prep from M37.

But how do you recommend applying it? I've seen people do it like cquartz with the foam and MF suede.

I've seen people spray the foam/MF applicator and apply it as well.

Do you apply it to the paint and wipe it off immediately? Do you overlap your strokes?

Any help, I'd appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any recommendations on applying M37 paint coating V2?

It comes with a sprayer and also a dropper. I recommend using the dropper unless you don't mind overspray everywhere. Let it drip onto the applicator and then cross hatch the area and pretty much the time it will take you to put that down and grab the towels is all you have to wait. Wipe away. It's fairly easy.

Use 2 towels to make sure you get everything removed and no high spots. Nick does not recommend 2 coats so one is all you need.

If you want to accelerate curing, you can apply 10-minute paint sealant over it, otherwise just let it cure until next day. The gloss it adds when freshly applied is very noticeable.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    Any recommendations on applying the M37 coating? I'm going to polish the paint then use the paint prep from M37.

But how do you recommend applying it? I've seen people do it like cquartz with the foam and MF suede.

I've seen people spray the foam/MF applicator and apply it as well.

Do you apply it to the paint and wipe it off immediately? Do you overlap your strokes?

Any help, I'd appreciate it.
    The coating is really easy to apply. Don't spray the surface and if you can, remove the sprayer and use the dropper top instead. The trick is to keep the applicator wet enough for it to glide on the surface without grabbing. What I do is I put one line of product lenghtwise on the applicator and an other one along the top edge in the other direction. When I apply it, when it starts to grab I add a little bit more product on the applicator.

Once you have laid down the coating. Have 2 short pile microfibers ready. The first one is your wet towel, and the second one is your dry one. So what you do is you level the coating with the first one without applying pressure. Then you switch to the other one and repeat the process. The first one you use for the whole vehicle. The second one you flip to dry sides on every panel. You will need about 2 of them since you get 8 sides when you fold it in 4.

Suede doesn't work well for this product. It will make the applicator extremelly grabby. I use no-pile microfibers that I cut in little squares and wrap around the foam applicator. You can also use the foam applicator that comes with the coating directly but if you do that you cannot re-use it, and the bottle is good for about 5 vehicles...

Cross hatch helps make sure you don't miss any spot, but there is no special way to apply. Just make sure that everything is covered. When you wipe down, always wipe the adjacent panel's edge as well to make sure you have not pushed any product there and let is dry as a big high spot.

And that's it. Just make sure to inspect the panel after the second wipe to make sure you have no high spots left.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    It comes with a sprayer and also a dropper. I recommend using the dropper unless you don't mind overspray everywhere. Let it drip onto the applicator and then cross hatch the area and pretty much the time it will take you to put that down and grab the towels is all you have to wait. Wipe away. It's fairly easy.

Use 2 towels to make sure you get everything removed and no high spots. Nick does not recommend 2 coats so one is all you need.

If you want to accelerate curing, you can apply 10-minute paint sealant over it, otherwise just let it cure until next day. The gloss it adds when freshly applied is very noticeable.
    LOL should have read your reply, would have saved me time Hehehe!

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto on the dropper technique...first time I did this, the slightest breeze made the spray go everywhere it wasn't supposed to. Other than that it was easy enough, even for me to apply it.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Yup ordered some droppers for coatings that come in spray bottles. Also just ordered some MF “Saver” applicators that have a piece of plastic between the MF and the foam cutting down on the amount of product you’ll use...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yup ordered some droppers for coatings that come in spray bottles. Also just ordered some MF “Saver” applicators that have a piece of plastic between the MF and the foam cutting down on the amount of product you’ll use...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What are these "Saver" applicators you mention...I am using MFs for eyeglasses, wrapped around semi stiff foam used in packing.

Eric

Never mind...googled it.

8. Likes Calendyr, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post

How does immediately applying the sealant over the coating accelerate curing? First I've read of this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZpolisher15 View Post
    How does immediately applying the sealant over the coating accelerate curing? First I've read of this.
    Recommended by Nick Rutter. Must be something in the chemistry of the 2 products.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ejaf View Post
    What are these "Saver" applicators you mention...I am using MFs for eyeglasses, wrapped around semi stiff foam used in packing.

Eric

Never mind...googled it.
    That sounds like a good idea. How much are you paying for these?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast