autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Crystal Serum Light

Hello,
    So I'm leaning toward picking up a kit that has GTechniq EXO v4 and Crystal Serum Light. I was reading on the manufacture website and it says the following, ""Crystal Serum Light comes with a 5 year guarantee when applied by a Gtechniq Accredited Detailer""

Does anybody know what these detailers are doing to get it to last 5 years? I think I have seen online it will last 2 years so not sure whats different? Maybe I need to do 2 layers of Crystal Serum Light and a layer of GTechniq EXO EXO?

Thanks

Super Member antti@561detailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crystal Serum Light

Quote Originally Posted by bryanviper View Post
    Hello,
    So I'm leaning toward picking up a kit that has GTechniq EXO v4 and Crystal Serum Light. I was reading on the manufacture website and it says the following, ""Crystal Serum Light comes with a 5 year guarantee when applied by a Gtechniq Accredited Detailer""

Does anybody know what these detailers are doing to get it to last 5 years? I think I have seen online it will last 2 years so not sure whats different? Maybe I need to do 2 layers of Crystal Serum Light and a layer of GTechniq EXO EXO?

Thanks
    Like everything else. it needs maintenance...I have a client with a car after 3 years csl still acts like a new install...some cars may loose some beading effect when abused, ( like 24/7 outside and not cared properly)
    But you can still notice the coating on the car, shine is there and all...just beads different...and if you plan using exo,
    wait 3 hours minimum between coatings ( longer wait will ensure less problems when installing exo )...Layering csl won't work, it is not designed to be layered...
    561 Car Detailing Gtechniq Accredited Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I just did a vehicle w CSL x 1 and then EXOV4 x 2. Was able to do the 3 layers in less than 8hrs, following Gtechniq Instructions.

Was a joy to work with.

Very nice look...

If you are applying over CSL, EXOv4 can either be applied straight away after you have finished applying CSL starting the process at the same place you did with CSL and following the same order of panels you did with CSL, or it can be applied up to 24 hours after finishing the CSL application

(...)

Once you have finished coating your vehicle we recommend repeating the process starting from the same place as you did for the first layer and coating panels in the same order so that you coat your entire vehicle with two layers of EXOv4. You do not need to wait between applying the first and second coating but it will not make it harder to apply the second coating if you do leave a much longer interval between applying the first and second layer

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Crystal Serum Light

How many layers can you do of each? Could you do 2 layers of each? How long in between layers do you need to wait?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I just did a vehicle w CSL x 1 and then EXOV4 x 2. Was able to do the 3 layers in less than 8hrs, following Gtechniq Instructions.

Was a joy to work with.

Very nice look...

Post Thanks / Like

How many layers can you do of each? Could you do 2 layers of each? How long in between layers do you need to wait?

Thanks
    One of CSL and two with Exo.

It would last 5 years or longer in a perfect world or if it sat in the garage without being driven.

7. Likes Rsurfer, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I have used GEyon Pure, Cquartz UK (one layer of each) and it wont make it through my winter. So if it can last 2 years I would be more then happy anything more is just a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    One of CSL and two with Exo.

It would last 5 years or longer in a perfect world or if it sat in the garage without being driven.

Post Thanks / Like

I installed one layer of CSL on one of my customer's cars about 1.5 years ago. I see it every three to four months for maintenance. The coating acts very similarly to when it was new. On infrequent occasion I'll use C2v3 on it.

The customer cleans the car only with McKee's N-914 and does not apply any toppers. The car is driven sporadically, sometimes every day for a week and other times maybe once a week, but it sees sunshine and rain. The coating hasn't fallen off or shown signs of degradation.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I have used GEyon Pure, Cquartz UK (one layer of each) and it wont make it through my winter. So if it can last 2 years I would be more then happy anything more is just a bonus.
    Harsh environments are going to take a toll on any coating.

11. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh for sure. Im just hoping that since this is rated for up to 5 years it would be able to hold up against the elements better then the others I have used in the past to have a claim of 5 years. I guess we will see as I may give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Harsh environments are going to take a toll on any coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

Thanks
    The way I see it is that CSL is a 5 years product but Gtechniq doesn't want to put a long warranty on a product that might be applied incorrectly by enthousists. So what accredited detailers are doing is applying it correctly. Prepping the vehicle is the most important part. They have a few criteria to accredit people which include having a garage to let the coating cure for 12 hours before giving it back to the client. If you prep the vehicle correcly and make sure it won't be exposed to water for the first 12 hours, you can expect the same durability.

Crystal Serum Light cannot be layered, it's not designed to bind to itself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast