autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Been away from detailing for a while - please recommend some products

When I was younger, (20's), I spent countless hours keeping vehicles clean. That slowed down in my early 30's. Now that I'm in my 40's, have 4 children, and a 1000 acre cattle farm, clean vehicles are an afterthought. Having said that, I just purchased a 2022 F-450 with the pearl star white paint. I had a local mobile detailer come out and decon the truck, then apply some spray sealant. I'm looking for easy, long lasting protection. I try to give our vehicles a quick wash every so often, especially in warmer months. In the winter we go to touchless car washes, especially for the undercarriage wash to get rid of the terribly corrosive brine that PA dumps on their roads.

I've still got many of my older products but don't know if any of it has a specific shelf life. What I've used more than anything else in recent years was Collinite 845. It offered long lasting beading and protection while being "simple". I'd like to find something easy to use that isn't a carnauba....you know, a spray on wipe off type of sealant. Since I'm sure some great products have been introduced in recent years, can you recommend some? Should I just be trying to do foam washes with 2 buckets, a spray sealant every 3-6 months, and something as a topper in between?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Been away from detailing for a while - please recommend some products

Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic Spray Wax should do the trick for you. Easy to use, economical, and can be purchased locally. Here's a link to Scott HD's YouTube channel......he includes this product in a longevity test against other similar products.

Ultimate Ceramic Spray Coating Test UPDATE 15 - 20 products compared - 11 MONTH UPDATE MORE FAIL? - YouTube

3. Likes CleanIT, PaulMys liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic Spray Wax should do the trick for you. Easy to use, economical, and can be purchased locally.
    Is that good for regular use after each wash?

Post Thanks / Like

Dont know what part of PA you are from but i get my coatings and si02 silica spray sealant at a local shop called car cleen out of bethel park. I drive the hour or so to the shop to pick up in person most times when i have a bulk order as they sell it cheaper than online lol. I will get 5-6 months out of the silica spray. It is a good product.

Since the truck sounds like it gets used on the farm and gets dirty... for regular washes i would use a foam cannon as a presoak with something like 3d pink. It foams, dwells and lifts well. Then pressure rinse. Then bucket wash. (I use one with grit guard). Never have issues with marring

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MoreBoostPlease View Post
    Is that good for regular use after each wash?
    They have Ceramic Speed Shine, which can be used more often and over 3 in 1

7. Likes CleanIT, PaulMys liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Dont know what part of PA you are from but i get my coatings and si02 silica spray sealant at a local shop called car cleen out of bethel park. I drive the hour or so to the shop to pick up in person most times when i have a bulk order as they sell it cheaper than online lol. I will get 5-6 months out of the silica spray. It is a good product.

Since the truck sounds like it gets used on the farm and gets dirty... for regular washes i would use a foam cannon as a presoak with something like 3d pink. It foams, dwells and lifts well. Then pressure rinse. Then bucket wash. (I use one with grit guard). Never have issues with marring

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    I'm about an hour north of Philly. I like the idea of foam, then pressure rinse, then wash again.

Post Thanks / Like

Work vehicle, cattle farm, simple and quick...Griots 3 in 1 for sure. Even if you use it every 2-3 months when you hand wash you'll be fine.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    Work vehicle, cattle farm, simple and quick...Griots 3 in 1 for sure. Even if you use it every 2-3 months when you hand wash you'll be fine.
    Sounds like I should give that a try. Maybe use their Speed Shine in between.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like we're in the same area. Just make sure you get the ceramic speed shine. They also make regular speed shine.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Sounds like we're in the same area. Just make sure you get the ceramic speed shine. They also make regular speed shine.
    I'm in Bucks County. You? And thanks for the note about the speed shine, as I just checked my shopping cart and it's the regular speed shine that I added. I'll fix that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast