autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Never had this issue with interior details

Been a long time I have posted anything on this forum. A random client of mine buys a used Acura MDX with around 30,000 miles. The car came in for an interior detail and I absolutely thought the customer was happy. The car was for his wife but the husband was very pleased with the initial detail. Then a day after, I get a text from my client asking if I had touched the third row seat. I said of course I did and it cleaned up nicely. His wife sends him a picture of the third row seat where some of the plastic had been scuffed and damaged due to the previous owner. The husband was asking me his wife thought the interior detail will remove scratches and deep grooves in the plastic...

Anyone run in to this type of problem? First time I have ever countered this!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Never had this issue with interior details

No. I would say I'm sorry I don't offer leather repair service which is different from the service you purchased.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

explain to them a Detail is to Clean the interior not to repair Scratches/Scuffs & other damage. Cleaning cannot take out scratches

Post Thanks / Like

It should be called interior cleaning since it's not detailing anyway. Do housekeepers, maids etc call it house detailing, hotel room detailing?

Another case for using the inspection form prior to conducting any work, inside or outside. The CYA form.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

5. Likes Trip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    It should be called interior cleaning since it's not detailing anyway. Do housekeepers, maids etc call it house detailing, hotel room detailing?
    Housekeepers & maids don’t clean any area of a room with the equivalent of a fine tooth comb like a detailer does when he cleans every little crevice of a dashboard or vacuums every last bit of lint from underneath the seat even though he’ll probably be the only person to ever see it.

We detail, they clean. There’s a big difference.

Btw my mother has been a housekeeper for longer than I’ve been alive and while she’s good, I can clean anything better than her.Never had this issue with interior details

7. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Dislikes custmsprty disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Housekeepers & maids don’t clean any area of a room with the equivalent of a fine tooth comb like a detailer does when he cleans every little crevice of a dashboard or vacuums every last bit of lint from underneath the seat even though he’ll probably be the only person to ever see it.

Btw my mother has been a housekeeper for longer than I’ve been alive and while she’s good, I can clean anything better than her.Never had this issue with interior details
    Where is Mommy Eld at lol. You know what take that back because of last post

Post Thanks / Like

Scuffs can be repaired. If they want to do it, they can probably find someone who can with a little research. My guess is, it's probably cheaper to replace the plastic part than have someone remove it, repair it and put it back on. I might be wrong, not sure what interior plastic parts sell for.

If you want to do the repair yourself, search youtube, there are a few videos that show you how to do it. It's very similar to bodywork. You remove the piece, clean it with solvents, remove any of the plastic that was lifted during the scuff using a razor blade, apply some plastic putty and use a stamp to give the putty the texture of the rest of the pannel. Afterwards you use a color matched paint to blend it with the rest of the pannel. Once done it's pretty much impossible to tell there was a scuff there.

My guess is, you would have to charge for 2 hours of work plus material. Paint is probably around 15$ and putty around 10$. So depending how much the replacement part cost, it might or might not be worth the effort.

I once had a client who thought I would remove all the scuffs inside the vehicle. There was about 20 of them. I explained to her that I cannot clean away scuffed plastic and the methods of fixing scratches on the paint don't work on interior plastic. We left it at that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

Cleaning is cleaning, call it detailing if you want to. If it involves cleaners and vacuums, lint rollers, spotters, etc it's cleaning. And I have sold cleaners to resorts and called on house keeping as recently as six months ago and all the way back as far as 1991 on the beach resorts in St. Pete , Clearwater etc. Been factory trained by 3M, SC Johnson, Spartan Chemical, Advance, NSS Machines, Tennant and dozens more if I need to go on. Interior clenaing is just that, cleaning. Spin it your way if it makes you happy. Vacuum on bro.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

11. Likes MattPersman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    Where is Mommy Eld at lol. You know what take that back because of last post

She doesn’t take any offense to it at all, she’s cool with it she knows she gave birth to a boy that can clean like nobody’s business. Lol.

My ex lady on the other hand... She once told me that if I didn’t like it then I could do it myself. And without even trying to spite her I she would frequently catch me re cleaning the house after she had done it and she would get mad, but I would always just say “hey you said if I didn’t like it to clean it myself” so don’t get mad at me for cleaning. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Never had this issue with interior details

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Cleaning is cleaning, call it detailing if you want to. If it involves cleaners and vacuums, lint rollers, spotters, etc it's cleaning. And I have sold cleaners to resorts and called on house keeping as recently as six months ago and all the way back as far as 1991 on the beach resorts in St. Pete , Clearwater etc. Been factory trained by 3M, SC Johnson, Spartan Chemical, Advance, NSS Machines, Tennant and dozens more if I need to go on. Interior clenaing is just that, cleaning. Spin it your way if it makes you happy. Vacuum on bro.
    Spin it my way if it makes me happy eh? Says the guy who disliked my comment. Lameo...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast