autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Flagged tipped brush & Duragloss #253

Well it hit 60 today. I was about out of the Griots satin shine aerosol dressing. So it was time to try a method that was pointed out to me here on the forum. I grabbed my new flagged tipped brush and #253 tire dressing that has proven to be perfect for me. Love the look and never slung off on to the paint. Sprayed the brush with #253 and applied it around the tire with the brush. Being I have aggressive tires now, other applicators are out of the question. Yes sir. I now love this method now that I have tried it! Works like a charm. Dressed the tire evenly and without drama. This is the method I will be using from now on.

Brush used...

Carrand Deluxe Super Soft Car Wash Brush, body brush, auto brush, car wash supplies

Thanks to Eldorado2k for pointing out this method.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Thanks Eldorado2k, Diner thanked for this post
    Likes dcjredline, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flagged tipped brush & Duragloss #253

Flagged tipped brush & Duragloss #253
    It was supposed to rain today, so yesterday I looked at the tires on the truck and I wanted to dress them but I also knew that it might not be worth it because it was supposed to rain today. [It didn’t rain]

So I applied bearly enough dressing but nowhere near as much as I usually spray into the brush. It actually turned out pretty good and because I only applied a minimal amount there was really no need to wait for any excess to soak in. This picture is immediately after I dressed the tire with the brush.

I’ll probably continue priming the brush before applying, but this method of spraying less into the brush works as well.

4. Likes dcjredline liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have that same brush laying around that I don't use anymore, I'm gonna try this method out next time.

6. Likes PA DETAILER liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    It was supposed to rain today, so yesterday I looked at the tires on the truck and I wanted to dress them but I also knew that it might not be worth it because it was supposed to rain today. [It didn’t rain]

So I applied bearly enough dressing but nowhere near as much as I usually spray into the brush. It actually turned out pretty good and because I only applied a minimal amount there was really no need to wait for any excess to soak in. This picture is immediately after I dressed the tire with the brush.

I’ll probably continue priming the brush before applying, but this method of spraying less into the brush works as well.
    Which brush did you use?

Post Thanks / Like

After detailing the wife's Pilot on Friday I was gonna apply a second coat of Silk shine to her tires yesterday but didn't because it was supposed to rain. I guess here in CA it's 50/50. The next time I decide to double coat the dressing it'll dump rain all day for sure.

The write up on that brush says it's ok for the body? Plastic molding maybe but I'd never used on the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

just bought that brush myself but haven't used it yet. I was thinking of using it for all the ground trim on my mustang. I actually bought it because of the handle. looks like it would be easy on the wrist. if I go with the wheel suggestion I'll need to dedicate it to the wheels. thanks for the tip.

10. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by java View Post
    Which brush did you use?
    I use this brush.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    After detailing the wife's Pilot on Friday I was gonna apply a second coat of Silk shine to her tires yesterday but didn't because it was supposed to rain. I guess here in CA it's 50/50. The next time I decide to double coat the dressing it'll dump rain all day for sure.

The write up on that brush says it's ok for the body? Plastic molding maybe but I'd never used on the paint.
    Yea I’d maybe use it on a matte honeycomb grill, but I don’t think I’d use it on paint unless it was wheels.

12. Thanks java thanked for this post
    Likes Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Brush worked out pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes Dr Oldz, PA DETAILER liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use this brush.

Thanks Eldo!

Do you have to wash it after every use?

16. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by java View Post
    Thanks Eldo!

Do you have to wash it after every use?
    I wash it maybe once per year. It doesn’t really get dirty.

18. Thanks java thanked for this post
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast