autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

car soap for 100% humidity

so looking for a AIO soap ( cleans and leaves protection behind) I can use in high humid areas that wont instantly spot. I'm talking like tropical island humidity, I will be washing in the GD method as its my favorite and the easiest to do when mobile and ill be in direct sunlight (as always this cant be avoided). I always carry McKee's coating prep with me as a back up for really dirty areas as this seems to be the best cleaner I have used to date and it a favorite before coatings.

while I currently use McKee's auto wash as it never spots.. ever BUT its not the best in cleaning.

what do you guys suggest

Post Thanks / Like

Re: car soap for 100% humidity

You’re referring to McKee’s Coating Prep Polish in your post? How exactly do you incorporate it into your wash process?

Post Thanks / Like

no coating prep wash

McKee's 37 Coating Prep Auto Wash

Post Thanks / Like

Oh ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Plus Mckees Prep wash obviously doesn’t leave anything behind (hopefully the opposite!), so its not going to meet your initial criteria.

Most PBMG gloss enhancer car washes don’t spot much for me as long as you get to the drying pretty quickly. You can also add an ounce of RW to any of these washes... it will further decrease water spot potential and aid in leaving minor gloss/protection behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    so looking for a AIO soap ( cleans and leaves protection behind) I can use in high humid areas that wont instantly spot. I'm talking like tropical island humidity, I will be washing in the GD method as its my favorite and the easiest to do when mobile and ill be in direct sunlight (as always this cant be avoided). I always carry McKee's coating prep with me as a back up for really dirty areas as this seems to be the best cleaner I have used to date and it a favorite before coatings.

while I currently use McKee's auto wash as it never spots.. ever BUT its not the best in cleaning.

what do you guys suggest
    Are you using the 'bucket of towels' method with a rinseless wash or regular wash soap? I know Garry recommends his method with either. Since you are doing a panel wash, why not incorporate a spray wax or water activated spray sealant into the process?

When I do a rinseless wash I wash the panel, then spray a non-AG water activated sealant on the panel, level with a damp towel, and dry any remaining water. This does not add any extra time to my process (if I am not applying the sealant I damp wipe the panel, then spray detail spray on the panel and dry). I get the results you are looking for with two products, but get longer protection that an 'wash + wax'.

Post Thanks / Like

I've only used a couple wash-n-wax soaps, but McKee's 37 Power Wash was my favorite by a wide margin.

I found Power Wash to work very well as a car shampoo, but it also left a little protection behind which left my vehicles looking amazing. The whole time I used it I never felt the need to follow up with a QD or spray wax to boost the shine on my vehicles. I simply washed, dryed, and walked away. If I hadn't moved on to coatings for all our vehicles, I'd probably still be using it today.

The weather in my area can get tropical in my area during the summer and high heat/humidity was never an issue. Just wash in the shade or take other measures to ensure the soap and water don't dry like you would any other car shampoo.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mc2hill View Post
    Are you using the 'bucket of towels' method with a rinseless wash or regular wash soap? I know Garry recommends his method with either. Since you are doing a panel wash, why not incorporate a spray wax or water activated spray sealant into the process?

When I do a rinseless wash I wash the panel, then spray a non-AG water activated sealant on the panel, level with a damp towel, and dry any remaining water. This does not add any extra time to my process (if I am not applying the sealant I damp wipe the panel, then spray detail spray on the panel and dry). I get the results you are looking for with two products, but get longer protection that an 'wash + wax'.
    bucket of towels, normally I wash the panel, spray with PNS, wipe dry and move on. I'm trying to move to a wash panel, wipe dry and walk away to 1 reduce cost to myself and clients, 2 items I buy/carry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    bucket of towels, normally I wash the panel, spray with PNS, wipe dry and move on. I'm trying to move to a wash panel, wipe dry and walk away to 1 reduce cost to myself and clients, 2 items I buy/carry.
    You dry aid with PNS? Or do you mean BSD?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    You dry aid with PNS? Or do you mean BSD?
    I dry aid with PNS, you read that correctly

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast