autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)

***UPDATE***

Drove through quite a downpour after work yesterday, here's the look after getting to work this morning, didn't touch the car one bit....amazingOptimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks very good...I think i'm sold! I guess it's getting time to stop putting anything on my tires for a couple of weeks and scrub the heck out of them between now and then...except for this weekend since I'm starting the Pinnacle Souveran Wax Project and want it to look good afterwards!

4. Likes Klasse Act, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    Looks very good...I think i'm sold! I guess it's getting time to stop putting anything on my tires for a couple of weeks and scrub the heck out of them between now and then...except for this weekend since I'm starting the Pinnacle Souveran Wax Project and want it to look good afterwards!
    Get the mineral spirits too for a final couple wipes, dries quickly. I didn't have the mineral spirits for my application but I did for my wife's application. Next app for my tires it will get a mineral spirits wiping.

6. Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Get the mineral spirits too for a final couple wipes, dries quickly. I didn't have the mineral spirits for my application but I did for my wife's application. Next app for my tires it will get a mineral spirits wiping.

I second the solvent wipe. I personally use kerosene and have not had any issues from tire coatings since I started using kerosene.

8. Likes Klasse Act, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I wish I wasn't so stubborn about a final chemical wipe but I admit I was wrong and now will tell everyone who listen about when applying something this for sureOptimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)Optimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)

10. Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So this "brown stuff" I feel is the coating peeling up from a lack of adhesion, so I did a 303 spray and wipe just to do it, then wiped down with the mineral spirits, then, because I wasn't completely happy, sprayed the tires/wheels down with Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner, let it dwell and scrubbed the tires with a short brissel brush, rinsed and dried real good. At this point I could still see some of the coating there, so I swiped them again with the mineral spirits and let them dry.

The "after" pics are 1 good coat on there, done twice and I'm about to add a 2nd coat and call it a night and go home.

Prep, prep and prep but I should say these tires have about 500 miles on them, makes me wonder if they're still outgasingOptimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)Optimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)Optimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)

Post Thanks / Like

So apparently inside the rim protection and/or around it its turned brown, this is a "finicky" product for sure. I think these tires just don't have enough miles on them and they're either outgasing or the protective film is still on there, either way it's really annoying but I'm learning on the go here. At the very least others have sone real world experience here if they too have an issue. No problems with mine or my wife's tires though, so it has to have something to do with the tires being so damn newOptimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)

Post Thanks / Like

So apparently inside the rim protection and/or around it its turned brown, this is a "finicky" product for sure. I think these tires just don't have enough miles on them and they're either outgasing or the protective film is still on there, either way it's really annoying but I'm learning on the go here. At the very least others have sone real world experience here if they too have an issue. No problems with mine or my wife's tires though, so it has to have something to do with the tires being so damn newOptimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)

I did read on one of the threads that, yes, you don’t want to use on brand new tires. I’ve also read that certain brands (remembering Michelin’s) that have problems.

Klasse, if you still have Tac system tire coat you should do side by side. Don’t think it will last as long but wondering about visuals. Love how tire coat looks for a 4-6 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I did read on one of the threads that, yes, you don’t want to use on brand new tires. I’ve also read that certain brands (remembering Michelin’s) that have problems.

Klasse, if you still have Tac system tire coat you should do side by side. Don’t think it will last as long but wondering about visuals. Love how tire coat looks for a 4-6 weeks.

I don't have TAC "tire coating" anymore but honestly it doesn't compare to OPT tire coating because OPT is an actual coating, trust meOptimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have TAC "tire coating" anymore but honestly it doesn't compare to OPT tire coating because OPT is an actual coating, trust meOptimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)

I haven’t seen this in real life but have seen the tuff shine. Looks plasticky to me. Be my concern with this. Durability isn’t most important as I can wipe a a coat of Perl after cleaning the wheel in like 20 seconds.

I went for the tire coat after seeing the tuff shine and it looks just like a fresh coat of Perl but last 3 times as long. Maybe I’ll give it a shot in the winter.

Lastly it’s an acrylic based resin just like McKee’s tire coat. Definetly more durable than any tire shine I’ve used. Chemical make up says it’s a coating..... just not as durable?

Be like saying Gyeon can coat ain’t a coating. Chemical make up says so...

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast