autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Put a coat on then do something else like apply a LSP. Then reapply. If a tire coating is worthwhile, it should be an upsell anyway to cover the extra work involved.
    No one is gonna pay for an extra two hours+product cost. I would have to charge 100$ for it to be worth it for me. Not sure how good the product is, but there are good coatings on the market right now that don't require all that extra work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Oh yeah, that's it, "consist by acrylic polymer of resin", and "Not too much oily shine in the surface. Have beautiful and deep burnish. The function of anti-pollution has improved"; who could forget.

EDIT: Is this stuff really a "coating" in the vein of Tuf Shine, M37, or the new Optimum product? Because I found a review over on Autopia and it sounds a bit more like Perl than a coating.
    It's acrylic, so it is not like Perl or Opti-bond for sure. Acrylic coatings are the ones that last for a very long time. Same thing as TW Endura. Not sure if it has dye in it or not but the basic material is the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    McKee’s is an acrylic based resin, tac tire coat is the same, Acrylic polymer of resin.

Optimum states it’s tire coating “a long lasting water based tire shine and protectant”.

Auto geek says Perl is water based protective coating “that lasts up to 3 months!”

Based of discriptions of being water based and acrylic resin based. Optimum product more like Perl and tirecoat more like M37. Everyone’s favorite coating TW endure shine was also acrylic based.

Don’t let the name “coating” fool you....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3 months! LOL! More like a week. Man these claims crack me up!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    No one is gonna pay for an extra two hours+product cost. I would have to charge 100$ for it to be worth it for me. Not sure how good the product is, but there are good coatings on the market right now that don't require all that extra work.
    I don't see how this Optimum coating is really any different than McKee's or Tuf Shine, you scrub the tire, dry it, and apply the coating--done. I don't see why you would need to apply more than one coat of any of them, and AFAIK all of them have to dry/cure for a half hour or so before you put a second coat on. Or are you saying 1) you need to apply more than one coat, or 2) there is another product that you can apply to a wet tire or put a second coat on in less than a half hour?

5. Likes Riff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I asked Yvan about speeding up the curing process with the sidekick like Mike P does with Tuf Shine and Yvan said no.
    I would be really curious why a hair dryer wouldn't work.
    Soften the rubber and let the product infuse as it drys. I don't really think the acrylic would fall off.
    I have used this approach with TW Endura and it has worked fine.

I gotta know why?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, that's it, "consist by acrylic polymer of resin", and "Not too much oily shine in the surface. Have beautiful and deep burnish. The function of anti-pollution has improved"; who could forget.

EDIT: Is this stuff really a "coating" in the vein of Tuf Shine, M37, or the new Optimum product? Because I found a review over on Autopia and it sounds a bit more like Perl than a coating.
    I have alot of experience with TAC system tire "coating" and its more of a thin liquid than what we are used to in a traditional tire coating. This product produces great results and while some people say it smells fruity I feel it smells like stale beer, LOL.

I've gotta pic some up soon, I've been out for a while and really like this product because of its esse of use and natural sheen!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I have alot of experience with TAC system tire "coating" and its more of a thin liquid than what we are used to in a traditional tire coating. This product produces great results and while some people say it smells fruity I feel it smells like stale beer, LOL.

I've gotta pick some up soon, I've been out for a while and really like this product because of its ease of use and natural sheen!
    I've only used the TW coating (other than the defunct Tropicare coating, which really seems to be just like Tuf Shine but I never had good luck with it because they didn't explain well enough the cleaning required), but I can't imagine anything being thinner than the TW. So you're saying that the TAC product, besides being more of a thin liquid, is more of a thin coating? Less glossy? Durability? Ease of cleaning?

Post Thanks / Like

I am just saying any product that requires more than one coat is a no go for me. Especially tires. This is the last thing I do on a vehicle, so if I have to sit on my hands for 30 minutes before applying a second coat, it's a complete waste of time.

TW Endura only requires one coat. Haven't used Tuff shine or Adam's equivalent so I can't judge those. If this Optimum product can provide a year of protection with a single coat, then great.

Post Thanks / Like

I've only used the TW coating (other than the defunct Tropicare coating, which really seems to be just like Tuf Shine but I never had good luck with it because they didn't explain well enough the cleaning required), but I can't imagine anything being thinner than the TW. So you're saying that the TAC product, besides being more of a thin liquid, is more of a thin coating? Less glossy? Durability? Ease of cleaning?
    I never let a product run out for a long time so I'm the person to ask there but the looks are there and it does clean up very well but it's not like TW, 2 different products for sure!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I never let a product run out for a long time so I'm the person to ask there but the looks are there and it does clean up very well but it's not like TW, 2 different products for sure!

Which one do you think is better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast