autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    I would be really curious why a hair dryer wouldn't work.
    Soften the rubber and let the product infuse as it drys. I don't really think the acrylic would fall off.
    I have used this approach with TW Endura and it has worked fine.

I gotta know why?
    Whenever I apply BP or McKee’s tire coatings, I use a small heat gun to help it set up quicker. It works very time.

2. Likes spazzz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How about heating up the tire before application. I have had to do that with the M37 one when it was a bit too chilly.

4. Likes spazzz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just as an FYI...I asked via email whether the TPC was similar to Tuf Shine in nature, and I received a prompt response from Ronald Doyle.

He said that he was not familiar with Tuf Shine, and that they do not test or compare their products with others on the market. He suggested reading user reviews, and that the "one difference in the description is that Optimum TPC is a 6 month product".

I guess time will tell.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ejaf View Post
    Just as an FYI...I asked via email whether the TPC was similar to Tuf Shine in nature, and I received a prompt response from Ronald Doyle.

He said that he was not familiar with Tuf Shine, and that they do not test or compare their products with others on the market. He suggested reading user reviews, and that the "one difference in the description is that Optimum TPC is a 6 month product".

I guess time will tell.

Eric

Thank you for this.

If you don't test or compare your products, against others, how do you know how yours does in comparison to others in the market?

7. Likes Riff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    Thank you for this.

If you don't test or compare your products, against others, how do you know how yours does in comparison to others in the market?
    I was thinking the same thing. Pretty sure that response was a lie. Maybe he's not familiar with Tuf Shine but all companies test against other products.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ejaf View Post
    Just as an FYI...I asked via email whether the TPC was similar to Tuf Shine in nature, and I received a prompt response from Ronald Doyle. He said that he was not familiar with Tuf Shine, and that they do not test or compare their products with others on the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Pretty sure that response was a lie. Maybe he's not familiar with Tuf Shine but all companies test against other products.
    You know, I typed up a big long comment, but the long and short of it is that I believe they don't test other products. There is a video floating around the AG store with a new product intro for one of the OPT products, with Dr. G and Mike Phillips, and in the conversation, Dr. G says "I'm not a detailer Mike, that's why I rely on people like you".

Dr. G is a lab geek, I think the people in his orbit say "Dr. G, you should make a tire coating" and he asks what it should be like, and he goes off and concocts it and gives them something to test and they refine it.

The forum answer-guy, Ron, doesn't work at Optimum, as I understand it he's some sort of retired sales/marketing guy who monitors the forum from home, and he's not a detailer or even close. When he first took over that job after Chris got dumped, he was really pretty clueless, but he's picked up a lot over the last couple of years. There seems to be a lot of funneling questions back and forth by email.

Optimum has never had full-time people on staff like AG has had with Mike Phillips and Nick, the public-facing Optimum people always have had their own detailing businesses, Anthony Orosco, Scottwax, Chris, Dann, Yvan. It may have changed now, I know Dann sold his business, but he doesn't work "at" Optimum, he's the west coast rep. Yvan had two shops up in Canada and AFAIK he still does, even though he may not be running them day-to-day since he is doing so much PR/training now for Optimum, but who knows, obviously he couldn't be in both shops at the same time, so he may be juggling both of them and the OPT gig also, which would be pretty much par for the course from what I have observed over the years.

10. Thanks 392hemi thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Tire Protection & Coating Review

Prep - Lots of PowerClean Full Strength. Probably 4oz per tire. Scrub, rinsed, scrub , rinsed.

2 light coats coats applied with MF towel

Pictures are of the same tire for the whole process. Each picture taken 30 mins later

1. Clean - waited 30 mins to fully dry
    2. Coat 1 - waited 30 mins, took picture
    3. Coat 2 - waited 30 mins, took picture
    4. Outside - Next morning

Post Thanks / Like

Is that just the lighting, or did it seem to lose some gloss overnight?

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if thread will make the product appear in the store hereOptimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Rough weather outside? Or what happened?

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast