autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Wondering if it doesn’t play well with 303 tire cleaner. They’re pretty adamant about prepping the tire with undiluted power clean, however much of that is BS is up for debate I guess.

If I could ever get enough working time to spread the stuff out, I’d probably also stop feeling like I wasted money on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I used 303 before my tac tire coat and worked well

Post Thanks / Like

Come to think of it, I've been using 303 to spray on there to dwell, but I've been using the P&S Brake Buster as the tires AND wheel cleaner for a couple weeks now, last night was no exception. I scrubbed the tires with the Mother's wheel brush as well, don't always do this but I did last night because I knew I was going to be applying this "coating". Not sure if they helps or hinders the situation but it just came to me, sorry
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Tires look great right now, sun is right on them. I'm going to just keep an eye on them, stay "tuned", LOL. Thanks for the follow up on this and the info, much appreciatedOptimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Klasse when I coated I cleaned 4 times till no browning and did one more to be safe. It’s gonna be hard for you, I know, to not put any thing on them for 2 weeks. I waited 3 weeks. I cleaned them once a week twice each time and coating went great. I had same browning with my TAC tire coat and it was it wasn’t clean enough.

Also know you like the Griots foaming cleaner. I wouldn’t recommend on 1st round of cleaning as it didn’t brown up and gave me impression was clean on third pads. Used 303 again and it was brown.

I hope you give it another go as if I remember correctly you used the Tac System tire coat and would love the opinions on the two. To keep a semi gloss look I apply 2 new coats every 4-6 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Question for all in general, has anyone used a tire coating where dressing can reapplied after? The Tac system isn’t failing protection wise after 4-6 weeks but doesn’t have that semi gloss look I like.... more like a clean tire.

I tried applying Perl to it but it would bead up. After smearing it in with aMF applicator it would even out but would get runs in it if it got wet. Basically the coating self cleaning the dressing off. I used PERL 1 to 1 for dressing.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the 2nd coat allowed to sit all day, literally. I guess we'll see when I get home or tomorrowOptimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)

Post Thanks / Like

Great real-world usage examples here. Kudos to those following up on their experiences.

It’s worth noting that it’s not only the cleaning that has a major impact on tyre shine/protectants/coatings, it’s the brand/compound of the tyre that can dictate what products it will play best with.

Unfortunately there’s no definitive guide, it’s all trial and error. There will definitely be cases where some people will have consistently poor experiences with a product such as OTC simply due to the tyre compound/brand.

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Jayfro, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok so here it didn't dry up like the initial coat laid down last night and driven on for 20 minutes but what you have here is "gloss brown", LOL.

Front and rear tires, passenger side because the lighting is better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Question for all in general, has anyone used a tire coating where dressing can reapplied after? The Tac system isn’t failing protection wise after 4-6 weeks but doesn’t have that semi gloss look I like.... more like a clean tire.

I tried applying Perl to it but it would bead up. After smearing it in with aMF applicator it would even out but would get runs in it if it got wet. Basically the coating self cleaning the dressing off. I used PERL 1 to 1 for dressing.

I have used McKee’s Si02 tire dressing with good success

10. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Ok so here it didn't dry up like the initial coat laid down last night and driven on for 20 minutes but what you have here is "gloss brown", LOL.

Front and rear tires, passenger side because the lighting is better.

Is this a reapplication or post spirits cleanup?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Klasse when I coated I cleaned 4 times till no browning and did one more to be safe. It’s gonna be hard for you, I know, to not put any thing on them for 2 weeks. I waited 3 weeks. I cleaned them once a week twice each time and coating went great. I had same browning with my TAC tire coat and it was it wasn’t clean enough.

Also know you like the Griots foaming cleaner. I wouldn’t recommend on 1st round of cleaning as it didn’t brown up and gave me impression was clean on third pads. Used 303 again and it was brown.

I hope you give it another go as if I remember correctly you used the Tac System tire coat and would love the opinions on the two. To keep a semi gloss look I apply 2 new coats every 4-6 weeks.

I've been out of TAC system tire coat for quite some time now but here's the thing with that product, it does NOT have that bluish/purple hue to it when applied.

So here's an interesting thing, the d/s has been facing the sun all day, the p/s has been against a cement wall, this is making me wonderOptimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)Optimum Tire Protection Coating (TPC)

13. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast