autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opti clear coat restorer thoughts l.

Finally 1st coat on this is different product its everything promised waitingon the 1st coat to dry then second coat. How do I upload photos from iPhone X or iPad. I’ll show photos it’s cool stuff. I coated right over 3000 grit sanding in most flat spots I hit with wool ball and drill set up used 3D ACA 501 the extra cut stuff. I used this because great cut low finish ability. But most spots I did restorer over 3000 grit and magic eraser the hard to reach areas on rims. Very pleased I feel bad I was just bashing opti gloss coat on another forum and now I happy with them again.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question does anyone know from experience when can we ceramic coat this. I have found mixed answers when’s the soonest one can ceramic coat The CCR

Post Thanks / Like

48 hours if I remember right.

Post Thanks / Like

I gave this a go today and it is in an interesting product to work with. The prep is the time consuming part as the actual application part is 15-20 mins. I applied it to an entire car. I went right for it and did not practice on any spare panels. If the application is good on the first coat then there is no need for a second coat. If there is some streaking, then wait and apply a second coat. That will resolve the issue. The reason for the streaking is the lack of product on the pearl wave applicator towel.

I did apply it to an area where there are signs of clear coat failure knowing it will not restore it. It is more of how long will the clear coat restorer prevent the further failure of the clear coat.

I also wet sanded the headlights and applied this right over the 3K grit sanding marks. Turned out well.

I used about about 1/2 of the bottle and knocked over the bottle spilling out 1/4 of it. Not a big fan of no control when dispensing the product. Hopefully Optimum resolves that in the future to allow for better product distribution.

Time to wait until the 48 hour cure time before polishing and applying a coating.

Post Thanks / Like

I waited close to 48 to coat. I really enjoyed the product to use I have a lot left too I only did rims and I used three heavy coats the two heavy coats of a wheel coating the cq lite I’m trying to make the perfect surface as swirl resistant and chemical resistant so I had the wheels off for 4 days doing all the application.

I put a little test square onfamily members car at about 5pm and the dew overnight effected the finish. Seems like this product u would want to do inside

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123