autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

My new gas pressure washer setup...awesome!!

I bought a Craftsman 3000 PSI & 2.5 GPM with Quiet Sense(idle down). I LOVE the idle down feature, it really quiets the washer when the trigger isn't being pulled. I tested a few different size(orifice) tips with my MTM pressure gauge, as I don't want 3000 PSI when washing cars. I also figured out the GPM through a bucket, scale, and math. The best option are the MTM 5.0 & 5.5 orifice tips. They produce 1100 PSI @ 2.6 GPM and 1000 PSI @ 2.7 GPM respectively. Both of these are VERY safe and provide the perfect PSI for washing cars, and with the high GPM, you'll rinse very quickly. Not to mention, the foam through my MTM PF 22 is unreal!

For comparison, Matt @ Obssesed Garage sells his Kranzle for $1,000 and the best he could do is 1,000 PSI @ 2.0 GPM. My setup is a hell of a lot cheaper, better results and no cord!!
    '03 Corvette Z06

2. Likes SWETM, oneheadlite liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My new gas pressure washer setup...awesome!!

How much cheaper is it? Once you factor in fuel, and oil change I think electric would be cheaper in the long run? No cord is not relevant as you are tethered to a hose.

Nonetheless, I’m looking for a good gas washer. Can you link,the one you bought ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bean438 View Post
    How much cheaper is it? Once you factor in fuel, and oil change I think electric would be cheaper in the long run? No cord is not relevant as you are tethered to a hose.

Nonetheless, I’m looking for a good gas washer. Can you link,the one you bought ?
    Well, that really depends on how much you use it. You don't ever change the oil on this washer, you just add. No choke or priming either, just pull to start.

https://m.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-300...ARB/1000730684

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to compare gas vs electric. I love my electric wall mount setup with 100 ft hose for ease of use. I own a great gas pw too but I rarely ever use it now that I have a great wall mount setup. I can't use the gas PW in my closed garage like I can run the electric.

My gas PW definitely puts out more water and pressure though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daviddear30 View Post
    Hard to compare gas vs electric. I love my electric wall mount setup with 100 ft hose for ease of use. I own a great gas pw too but I rarely ever use it now that I have a great wall mount setup. I can't use the gas PW in my closed garage like I can run the electric.

My gas PW definitely puts out more water and pressure though.
    I understand, but with most electric PW under $1K, you won't get the high flow at a lower PSI like a gas PW
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

I have both, the gas I use to clean the outside of the house and the electric I use to clean the car. Even a halfway decent electric has plenty of pressure to clean dirt off a car. I spray my car first then move to bucket wash then rinse. I don't see and benefit with my gas over electric for this. Sure if I'm cleaning my quads or something covered in mud I may bust out my gas but other than that I don't se the point.

8. Likes Daviddear30, custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    I understand, but with most electric PW under $1K, you won't get the high flow at a lower PSI like a gas PW
    That's common knowledge.
    Almost all gas pw flow more than almost all electric pw cheap or expensive

But it seems silly to compare just that 1 aspect. 2 totally different setups/requirements/maintenence/speed of setup etc

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

10. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it difficult to get a 220v-240v electric outlet in a garage in the US. Cause then you could get a lot more out of an electric PW. Mine is a Kärcher K7 with specs 2600psi 2.6gpm. I often wondering if a mobile detailer whent with a 230v gas generator and tools to that. Cause the prices is simualar I think. But if needed to import them it could get too high of a price. My PW I got for 350$. The Kränzle 1152 TST is around 700-800$ here in Sweden. The electric motors can be 3000W on a 16a fuse. Many uses here in Sweden a 440v electric outlets in the garage. I have it too but it's more for the proffessionals as often the prices on the powertools gets up then. 16A is the regualar fuses in households but you can get up to 30A and use higher Watts.

Nice PW specs you got on it. And the auto-idle is a great feature as a TSS system almost.