autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tire dressing help

In spray form for tires like you describe had good luck with Stoner Tire More Shine, Just my .02

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goonie75 View Post
    Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel. Need to try 253 for that. Use it on ext trim... hmmmm.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    My bad... Tire dressing help we use 271 for ext trim but do want to try 253...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked CP Perl. If your looking week to week will be great. This after cleaning with griots rubber cleaner and one coat peRL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VinFX4 View Post
    Looking for a tire dressing that is not oily or very wet looking. It has to be in a spray bottle because these are truck tires with a very aggressive sidewall. I can’t stand the super shinny dirt attracting used car lot look. (Not that there’s anything wrong with that). What products do you guys recommend?

CG silk shine or PERL. Cut either one 1:1 with water for that satin black new tire, not wet oily tire sheen.

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

PERL 1:1 tires/trim, 3:1 for wheel wells/engine, and you can also use it for interior as well. one of my top ten detailing products for sure...

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tip for applying tire dressings to aggressive side walls is to get a shallow and small Tupperware container (or if you’re in a pinch just cut out the bottom of a water bottle) and pour/spray your dressing in to there and use a detail brush to apply it. Much easier to control its application without overspray and easy to get it into all the tread without using a ton of product. Afterwards quick wipe down with MF towel and you’re good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

9. Thanks The Guy thanked for this post
    Likes The Guy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For weekly sprayable product: in no particular order. Poorboys bold and bright. Duragloss 253, carpro Perl, many of the tire aerosols at the store work just fine too.

Megs all season may be a little too heavy for weekly use IMO. I used it on many occasions on tires and I actually like it on my weathertechs but it will make them slick for a few days

Everyone has a different look they like most don’t last in the rain well at all but being weekly. Also tires react differently a set a Michelin’s on a passenger car may look very matte while a Continental on a different car will look much more glossy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Breese147 View Post
    Tip for applying tire dressings to aggressive side walls is to get a shallow and small Tupperware container (or if you’re in a pinch just cut out the bottom of a water bottle) and pour/spray your dressing in to there and use a detail brush to apply it. Much easier to control its application without overspray and easy to get it into all the tread without using a ton of product. Afterwards quick wipe down with MF towel and you’re good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Good tip I’ll have to try it come spring

Post Thanks / Like

Griots black Satin aerosol
    Carpro pearl diluted to your desired sheen
    Mck37 SiO2 enhanced Tire Shine

On truck tires I usually reach for the Griots aerosol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goonie75 View Post
    Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel. Need to try 253 for that. Use it on ext trim... hmmmm.
    You should like 253 much better. I've used 253 for many years and picked up a small bottle of the Optimum when my 253 bottle ran out as I wanted to get some experience with other products. I've been really disapointed. I'm not impressed by the appearance of the Opti-Bond, and it doesn't survive a single encounter with rain or snow.

Funny experience with the Opti-bond as an example: One day I spent a great deal of time last spring detailing my car top to bottom including a very careful application of the Opti-bond. It was one of the few times it actually looked really good on my tires and I was quite satisfied when then sun went down. Overnight we had a horrific thunderstorm pass through which blasted the passenger side of my car with rain. The next morning, the driver side tires still looked pretty good without only a few rain streaks, while the passenger side had bare tires. The product has been totally washed off as if nothing had ever been applied.

I want to try PERL when my Opti-bond runs out, but I wonder if it will live up to my 253 experience.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

14. Thanks Goonie75 thanked for this post
    Likes Goonie75 liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast