autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finishing Polish For A Beginner

Still waiting on consistent warm weather here in misery (Missouri). Got the drag radials and new wheels that I coated on the car! Really cool seeing the water just fall right off. I'm very eager to coat the entire vehicle now. Dropping the car off Tuesday for the tune and I might have the B pillar painted black as well! I'll be ordering everything soon after and update this thread with all of the products!

2. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure why that happens?

It happens to me too. I hit the back button and then it either automatically takes me to the right page or it takes me back to where I started and then when I hit the link a second time it goes to the correct page.

I know there's a reason or explanation for how someone is able to hi-jack a link but it's out of my area of expertise and ability to type out an explanation but I'll try to find out what the deal is?

Oh yeah...

Hoping for an update from Pchang978

Ha Ha!

Yep, same here. Took me back to my Google search page...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pchang978 View Post
    Still waiting on consistent warm weather here in misery (Missouri). Got the drag radials and new wheels that I coated on the car! Really cool seeing the water just fall right off. I'm very eager to coat the entire vehicle now. Dropping the car off Tuesday for the tune and I might have the B pillar painted black as well! I'll be ordering everything soon after and update this thread with all of the products!
    Yeah, I had a detail here in Michigan Sunday during the "Bomb Cyclone", and my partner in crime didn't want to close the garage door for some reason!

Very much looking forward to some warm weather.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

About one week ago I buffed out the Plexiglas window on a 1965 Corvette Hardtop. I started with Meguiar's PlastX but it left micro-marring. I then tired a number of polishes, may 6, 7 or 8 products. The ONLY polish that finished out perfect was the Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish.

Also my boat class removed the windshield off the two center console boats I had here for the class. Both were scratched and swirled. They tried buffing with PlastX and while it removed the swirls and scratches it left micro-marring in the plastic. Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish removed the micro-marring and left perfect results.

Pretty darn bubba-proof.

Here's my article about the above project.

Polishing Plexiglas to be as clear as glass using Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish

6. Thanks Paul A. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ordered a lot of stuff and just received it in the mail. Just waiting to order the actual GG6 polisher and some pads. Now will I be okay with the LC HDO pads that I already have (yes I will be ordering a 3-4 of each cut/polish pad)? I know they were designed for a long throw polisher. Or should I go ahead and try out the LC thinpro foam pads instead? I decided to go with Carpro Reflect for the finishing polish and as I already mentioned, I'll be using TLC for the compounding.

Post Thanks / Like

Both of those polishes really need to be used by a pro someone who knows how to read the paint
    Just my opinion

Post Thanks / Like

good luck

Post Thanks / Like

I can "read" paint just fine but thanks for the "constructive" input lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pchang978 View Post
    Ordered a lot of stuff and just received it in the mail. Just waiting to order the actual GG6 polisher and some pads. Now will I be okay with the LC HDO pads that I already have (yes I will be ordering a 3-4 of each cut/polish pad)? I know they were designed for a long throw polisher. Or should I go ahead and try out the LC thinpro foam pads instead? I decided to go with Carpro Reflect for the finishing polish and as I already mentioned, I'll be using TLC for the compounding.
    I really like the Thin Pros with my GG6. But, the LC Flats work really good as well.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

After reading some threads by the man Milke Phillips himself, I've decided to order a 6 pack of Thin Pros from autogeek and go with that. 3 White and 3 Black. White for the TLC and black for the CP reflect. If I need a more aggressive pad, I'll try to blue HDO or MF HDO. The paint is in pretty good condition besides the couple of 3000 sanding marks I'll be putting on the touch up paint areas on the vehicle. I used a 0.5mm pen and touched up a couple of scratches and rock chips. But I figured it's going to pair well with the gg6 and I'll make sure to work in small sections versus the larger 2x2' sections I see people do with their long throw polishers.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast