autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a product for a touch less wash

It's winter here and I try to rinse my car once a week at a coin wash. Just rinse it. I do not use their soap as I am afraid it will strip my current sealant and not be super great for the car.

I started incorporating Optimum no rinse wash and wax as a pre-soak/touchless wash. It helps to clean a bit and add some protection. I'm using about 0.5 oz per 500ml water (1oz to 16.9oz water). I use a pump sprayer to apply my product at the coinwash.

Now I'm wondering if there is a better product for this purpose in the detailing world. I know some pepole user super clean very diluted but IDK about using a degreaser on my paint...

What would anyone recommend?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a product for a touch less wash

Use your normal car wash in your sprayer. Just dilute it down so it sprays.

Post Thanks / Like

Griots Foaming Surface Wash.

I’ve used it with their BOSS Foam Cannon, and it really works well to drop the grit off your car with no physical agitation. It’s LSP friendly, so it won’t break down your sealant, but that also means it’s not aggressive enough to cut through the road grime (unless your LSP is really working to keep it from bonding).

From my experience with it, I also don’t think it leaves anything behind to interfere with the properties of your LSP.

It’s designed to be used as a foam, so I’d recommend using it with a foam cannon or a pump up foamer if you’re gonna use it at the car wash.

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^^this^^ best foaming soap I’ve personally use. Get a IK 9 foamer and mix some up in this and foam, let dwell, best it’s gonna get without wiping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't want to foam on. And the GG Surface Wash seems to be an awesome prewash so if you get a foaming system I would go with this. If you want to be useing a degreaser of some kind that helps to desolve the grime and contaminants before rinsing. The 3D Super Citrus APC I find very interesting to test out. It is on the high ph level of ph12. But with any chemicals and even car soap is to not let it dry before you rinse it off. This is also very economical I think too since it's high concentration. In a 32oz bottle for regualar strength which would be where I would start testing it. You put in 0,7oz citrus APC and the rest regualar water in a 32oz bottle. Start at the bottom when you apply it and move your way around the car and up. Let it dwell for 2-3 minutes before thoroughly rinse it off. And when rinsing it off do the same and start from the bottom and work your way up. Then since you don't going to be doing a touchless wash you do the final rinse from the top and down. A pump sprayer bottle is an easy way to be applying it. Apply the degreaser on a dry car so this is the first that you do and then rinse and done. The Flex cordless dryer would be awesome to dry the car with afterwards.

3D Super Citrus APC

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Griots Foaming Surface Wash.

I’ve used it with their BOSS Foam Cannon, and it really works well to drop the grit off your car with no physical agitation. It’s LSP friendly, so it won’t break down your sealant, but that also means it’s not aggressive enough to cut through the road grime (unless your LSP is really working to keep it from bonding).

From my experience with it, I also don’t think it leaves anything behind to interfere with the properties of your LSP.

It’s designed to be used as a foam, so I’d recommend using it with a foam cannon or a pump up foamer if you’re gonna use it at the car wash.
    Yeah that product interested me originally... what is the dilution ratio? Can't find any info on it.

Not sure tho if I should be looking at something with wax in it. I applied Sonax polymer netshield around November before winter starts and it already seems to be kind of gone. I'm a bit dissapointed I thought it usually lasted 4 to 6 months. That's why everytime I put the ONR wash and wax it's nice to see when rinsing the water have little beading and all that.

Post Thanks / Like

OP, are you talking about spraying something on the car, dwell, rinse and not dry it here?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    OP, are you talking about spraying something on the car, dwell, rinse and not dry it here?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yeah exactly. I'm not looking at getting a super clean car.

Just something to remove the calcium and slush off once a week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
    Yeah that product interested me originally... what is the dilution ratio? Can't find any info on it.

Not sure tho if I should be looking at something with wax in it. I applied Sonax polymer netshield around November before winter starts and it already seems to be kind of gone. I'm a bit dissapointed I thought it usually lasted 4 to 6 months. That's why everytime I put the ONR wash and wax it's nice to see when rinsing the water have little beading and all that.
    Dilution ratio for the Surface Wash is 1:120 for a pump up foamer per their Q&A section on their website.

I wonder if using the ONR W&W is causing contaminants to bond to the paint easier, masking the benefits of your Sonax?

Run us through your steps for winter washing please. Trying to gauge what would work best. If at any point you're rubbing on your paint, that might change what I'd recommend. I can't picture spraying ONR W&W on and just blasting it off without cleaning/drying the car?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Dilution ratio for the Surface Wash is 1:120 for a pump up foamer per their Q&A section on their website.

I wonder if using the ONR W&W is causing contaminants to bond to the paint easier, masking the benefits of your Sonax?

Run us through your steps for winter washing please. Trying to gauge what would work best. If at any point you're rubbing on your paint, that might change what I'd recommend. I can't picture spraying ONR W&W on and just blasting it off without cleaning/drying the car?
    Oh yeah you would think ONR WW causes stuff to bond? Wouldn't it's wax repeal ?

Okay here is what I'm doing right now. Go into the coin wash bay spray some onr ww dilluted 1oz to 16.9oz all on the car. 1 time per 2 weeks I use a undisclosed wheel cleaner to help with brake dust. Then I just rinse the whole car down. I then drive off. Since it's winter most of the time the remaining water on the car just freezes away or it's gets blown away since I go on the highway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast