autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a product for a touch less wash

I briefly used ONR and ONR WW; I thought the blue ONR seemed to have the car pick up/retain road film more than when I wasn't using it. I like the added wax with the WW for the UV protection aspect, but from my reading/experience I don't think wax is a strong barrier to prevent chemicals/film from bonding.

I wish someone would chime in with how the Griot's Surface Prep (not wash) performs - I thought I read one person was able to do touchless in the winter using the Surface Prep --> Surface Wash --> Poly Gloss, but I'd like to hear more reports. By their description it's strong enough to remove LSP's, but if you follow it with the foaming Poly Gloss you'll be protected.

I've been a big fan of the Foaming Poly Gloss. Don't know that I'd want to apply it over road film though if the Surface Wash didn't get it all off (and you didn't want to do any hand washing).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    I briefly used ONR and ONR WW; I thought the blue ONR seemed to have the car pick up/retain road film more than when I wasn't using it. I like the added wax with the WW for the UV protection aspect, but from my reading/experience I don't think wax is a strong barrier to prevent chemicals/film from bonding.

I wish someone would chime in with how the Griot's Surface Prep (not wash) performs - I thought I read one person was able to do touchless in the winter using the Surface Prep --> Surface Wash --> Poly Gloss, but I'd like to hear more reports. By their description it's strong enough to remove LSP's, but if you follow it with the foaming Poly Gloss you'll be protected.

I've been a big fan of the Foaming Poly Gloss. Don't know that I'd want to apply it over road film though if the Surface Wash didn't get it all off (and you didn't want to do any hand washing).
    Hmmm poly gloss seems nice to.

What's the worst that can happen applying some protectant over dirty pannel tho?

But I really like that they focus 2 products to sell for touchless like that. Only thing is I'm not that interested in buying a new pump sprayer or foam it gets expensive real quick. And I suppose both foaming product wouldn't work well with a regular pump presuured sprayer?

Post Thanks / Like

Plus I gotta say I really really really like the fact that you can easily do touch less washes even for this summer with both those Griot products ! Tbh I am tired of filling buckets and all that.

I have a pressure washer at home with a foam canon so when summer arrives I think I might pick up those products for sure !

Post Thanks / Like

3D Super Pre Soak is great! Spray down vehicle, let dwell for a couple of minutes. Then foam with something like Griots foam wash. Power rinse it all off and it should be fairly clean without touching it.

5. Thanks Oz_TCH thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

will the 3d pre soak strip any lsp if diluted properly?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    3D Super Pre Soak is great! Spray down vehicle, let dwell for a couple of minutes. Then foam with something like Griots foam wash. Power rinse it all off and it should be fairly clean without touching it.
    I don't need a gallon of product tho...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john b View Post
    will the 3d pre soak strip any lsp if diluted properly?
    That is what I'm kind of afraid off aswell... like it's not soap if I have to follow iwth foam wash. And I can't really use 2 products at the car wash or else I'll need to pay 2 times for the washer.

Post Thanks / Like

@john, I haven’t noticed any degradation of LSP’s while using.

@Narwahl, The 3D Pre Soak actually comes in 64oz container. It works very well and I follow up with foaming wash because it makes me feel better. I suppose you could just use the pre soak by itself but I have personally not done that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    @john, I haven’t noticed any degradation of LSP’s while using.

@Narwahl, The 3D Pre Soak actually comes in 64oz container. It works very well and I follow up with foaming wash because it makes me feel better. I suppose you could just use the pre soak by itself but I have personally not done that.
    Oh I thought it was a gallon. But the page I went back on is the 64oz container... that's still pricy and still to much IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Beggars can’t be choosers. If you are doing a touch less wash why not do one every 1-3 days and order the gallon

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast