autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: Dr beasley 1201

Post Thanks / Like

Dr beasley 1201

I haven't been on the forum for awhile. Apologize if this has been talked about. I just saw mike on tv with this. I imagine it's not quite as strong as a regular coating. I'm assuming this is more equivalent to hydro 2. Anyone tried it

Sent from my SM-G900P using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dr beasley 1201

My review is currently the only one for the product in the AutoGeek store:

Easy to use
    After watching their video I was curious to see how this Paint Coating worked. I gave it a try on my black Chevy SS. After washing and an IPA wipe down I used a spray bottle with distilled water and went one panel at a time applying the Paint Coating. Wipe off was easy and streaking nonexistent. For grins and giggles I applied the coating to the front quarter panels and hood after using the hose to wet them down. I find the spray bottle approach worked better.

I can't remark on manufacturers one year durability claim as I only gave it two months before applying a different LSP, so four stars it is.
    Pros
    Simple to use. Glossy finish. Excellent hydrophobicity.
    Cons
    None that I experienced.

I had grumbled in a post about the first time I used it that the hydrophobicity wasn’t all that great but then I realized it was due to a light rain falling on a very dusty pollen covered car. .

I rinseless washed the SS and after the next rain shower on a not so dusty polleny car the hydrophobicity was what we’ve come to expect.

It beads rain water nicely and also sheeted rinse water very well. I wouldn’t call it a coating though, to me it’s a water activated sealant

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

3. Likes frankprozzoly, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here’s a pic of my SS hiding in the corner of the parking lot at Culver’s in Monroe, WI last August.

It had the 1201 on it at the time topped with their AdvanceCoat: Gloss. That’s their version of a hydrophobic booster. I found using less is key along with spraying from about 10-12” away.

2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

5. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    Here’s a pic of my SS hiding in the corner of the parking lot at Culver’s in Monroe, WI last August.

It had the 1201 on it at the time topped with their AdvanceCoat: Gloss. That’s their version of a hydrophobic booster. I found using less is key along with spraying from about 10-12” away.

Very nice. I like the ease of the product just as I like hydro 2 but for durability and cost I'm gonna stick with old fashion wax. Right now I'm still working on a can of k1000 high temp wax. I forget the exact name as i only look at it a few times a yr

Sent from my SM-G900P using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post

What you think of advanced gloss? Got that and some plasma coat on an awesome deal. Thinking if I wanna give that a whirl in my mothers rav4 or use some cancoat I have. Also thinking of using the cquk3 I bought for my car on hers and getting something else for mine. Again thoughts in advance coat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by frankprozzoly View Post

I haven't been on the forum for awhile. Apologize if this has been talked about. I just saw mike on tv with this.

[/URL]

Must have been the segment we did on My Classic Car for Dr. Beasley's.

I think I share the story behind 1201 on that segment. I think this it...

9. Likes frankprozzoly liked this post