autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pump up Sprayer/Foamer Question

Just so this doesn't get too carried away, you guys wanna power wash something that looks like my door panel, thus pushing that salt and muck into the paint, go for it. Not sure why there's so much push back to pre-wash foaming the car that looks like THAT, then rinsing away the rest and then doing a 2BM wash and then rinsing that away and THEN drying.

Is there anyone out there that understands what I'm saying here
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes Andrew LB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pump up Sprayer/Foamer Question

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Just so this doesn't get too carried away, you guys wanna power wash something that looks like my door panel, thus pushing that salt and muck into the paint, go for it. Not sure why there's so much push back to pre-wash foaming the car that looks like THAT, then rinsing away the rest and then doing a 2BM wash and then rinsing that away and THEN drying.

Is there anyone out there that understands what I'm saying here
    We get what you’re saying, however traditional snow foam soaps i.e. CG Mr. Pink, Gyeon Bathe, Extreme Foam Wash, Hyper Wash, Etc. make little to no difference and the power washer alone can do the same without the foam... Nor is it any safer to rinse when there’s foam on the surface vs. rinsing with water alone. It’s simply a non factor.

If it makes you feel better then go ahead and foam to your hearts content.. But it doesn’t make a difference to your paint.

Just look at what someone who just did the same thing you’re talking about had to say afterwards. [rinsed the salt off of his vehicle]

Quote Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
    Just came back from there and it did an OK job tbh. Honnestly it's mostly just the high pressure washer that helps get stuff off.
    Pump up Sprayer/Foamer QuestionPump up Sprayer/Foamer Question

4. Dislikes Andrew LB disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to show us something new then instead of using Gyeon Bathe [because I already know that soap has no chance at making a difference] go ahead and use 1 of those new pre wash soaps that you have available and do a 50/50 and show the difference between pre foam/power wash and power wash rinse alone. I expect to see something new. How’s that sound?

6. Dislikes Andrew LB disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pump up Sprayer/Foamer QuestionPump up Sprayer/Foamer QuestionPump up Sprayer/Foamer Question

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    If you want to show us something new then instead of using Gyeon Bathe [because I already know that soap has no chance at making a difference] go ahead and use 1 of those new pre wash soaps that you have available and do a 50/50 and show the difference between pre foam/power wash and power wash rinse alone. I expect to see something new. How’s that sound?
    Hey, Ric.

Let's agree to disagree with Roger on this point, Ok?

(Makes the thread a little argumentative is all...........) Just sayin'
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Hey, Ric.

Let's agree to disagree with Roger on this point, Ok?

(Makes the thread a little argumentative is all...........) Just sayin'
    I’m all for keeping things friendly... But I think we’re still all smiles right now.Pump up Sprayer/Foamer Question

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I’m all for keeping things friendly... But I think we’re still all smiles right now.Pump up Sprayer/Foamer Question
    Cat man do.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

11. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought foaming soaps and foam cannons was at first just some Mumbo jumbo to sell us more stuff. I admit I bought a highly rated cheap foamer and just use CG melon. Foamed well but I really didn’t think it took off any dirt that I felt was noticeable. I then switch to Griots surface wash. Funny you guys are talking about this but I pressure washed one side and GG FSW other. 1st time I saw a difference. My take is yes, pressure washing doesn’t cause swirls but can cause micro scratching forcing dirt across clearcoat. Pre foam does as lubricity can’t argue that point. Does prefoaming cost justify saving a few minuscule scratches between polishing? Awesome thing about this hobby is you can do what you like. Shoot I really have no idea if it works or not. But I like foam, like to over complicate stuff so I do it. Most of use don’t we’re giving our opinions of what we see with our eyes. We don’t have the equipment or science to prove anyone right or wrong. I think gritgaurds are a joke. Read earlier some guy uses two per bucket! To each their own just have fun doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To each their own just have fun doing it.

The best quote on this thread!

Who cares what other people use to wash their car if they, or their customers, are happy with the results, then who are we to judge and change their mind. Different stroke for different folks! Plus my needs are different than Klasse and Eldorado because we all live in different climates so we will all use different methods. One is not better than another, it is just what suits our needs best.

Happy foaming everyone!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

15. Likes PaulMys, SWETM, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john b View Post
    what do you use for your tfr?
    Bilt Hamber Surfex HD
    Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam
    Angelwax Cleanliness
    BBV Prewash
    Pingens Foam Clean

Ones that I only can think of working simualar cause I have not tested them out is Gyeon Foam and gtechnic w4 citrus foam and GG Surface Wash. From fellow members on a domestic forum is that CG Honeydew Snow Foam is not so good at desolve the road film that some of the others does. And what I have noticed is that's so much of resistance to use prewash foams so wondering if it will be catching on in the US. Then EU has a bigger offering of dedicated prewash foam which can be an explanation of doing products that works. A prewash foam I would not even consider to do a touching wash with as they are made for as spray on and dwell and rinse off. But hey we are as much against waterless wash or rinseless wash as most is against prewash LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Can't see any pictures.
    Strange cause they are uploaded to the gallery here on AGO. Will double check so it's puplic though.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456