autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pump up Sprayer/Foamer Question

I have 2 Kwazar pump sprayers and the Last thing I want them to do is foam...

If I put Megs D143 Wheel & Tire Cleaner in either 1 of those sprayers it renders it nearly unusable because it foams like crazy and wastes a ton of product. Personally I didn’t find the foam very useful either ways.

From what I’ve gathered that Kwazar Foaming Sprayer isn’t as great as some initial reviews hyped it up to be. I’ve heard it also goes through a ton of product and has to constantly be pumped every few seconds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

If I put Megs D143 Wheel & Tire Cleaner in either 1 of those sprayers it renders it nearly unusable because it foams like crazy and wastes a ton of product. Personally I didn’t find the foam very useful either ways.

From what I’ve gathered that Kwazar Foaming Sprayer isn’t as great as some initial reviews hyped it up to be. I’ve heard it also goes through a ton of product and has to constantly be pumped every few seconds.
    Haven't found a hand held sprayer that didn't need pumping every few seconds.

Someone posted a Youtube vid of a guy that attached an electric pump to a hand sprayer and as home made as it may have looked, it worked.

Post Thanks / Like

Pump up Sprayer/Foamer Question

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Haven't found a hand held sprayer that didn't need pumping every few seconds.

Someone posted a Youtube vid of a guy that attached an electric pump to a hand sprayer and as home made as it may have looked, it worked.
    When I waterless wash my Cadillac, the 1st pressure set sprays 1 entire side of the car for me to begin wiping down. From there I pump it again to do the other side, and only once more does the rest of the vehicle. [horizontal panels] It goes a long way.

Here’s my detailed review of the Kwazar 1.5L Pump Sprayer.

I received my Kwazar 1.5L Red Venus Sprayer

I decided to check and see if the Kwazars measurements on the side of the bottle were accurate.

I used this bottle to test it. 500ml.

500ml.

1.5L checks out good. It’s accurate.Pump up Sprayer/Foamer Question

Finally I tested how much it could spray on a single run before stopping to have to re pump... Here’s a ballpark average of what I got.

When completely full to the 1.5L mark it can spray for an avg. of 2:00min. and let out 450ml. and doesn’t begin going weak until 1:15sec. into the 2min. mark.

Then after re pumping it with 1L left in the sprayer [avg. 20-25 pumps] it’ll spray the entire remaining 950ml. without having to stop in a avg. of 3:30-4:00 min. and does it at full strength until about the 2:20sec. mark, and even after that it still maintains a respectable spray until it’s completely empty. That’s pretty impressive.

Those who said it can’t spray the entire side of a vehicle without stopping to re pump were wrong...

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wanted to report back with my findings if anyone was curious - Took my pump up sprayer (56oz Flo Master, $6.62) I use at work for degreasing and added a stubby valve stem.

Their website lists 20-30 pumps to pressurize. I filled the fluid to the top line to have the least amount of air to compress. Did 30 pumps and checked the pressure - 40psi.

Since it`s just filled with water, I took my tire filler connected to our 130psi shop air and gave it a few very brief blips - 40psi. Do this at your own discretion, my filler can do a pretty light creep for air flow; and keep in mind for the price they make these things for I`m sure bomb proof quality wasn`t first on their design priority list.

I have a different model sprayer at home I`ll bring in, do the same thing, and report back. That sprayer is a better match for the videos online where people mod them to be foaming sprayers.

6. Likes HockeyCrazi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No to hijack, I have 2 1.5 litter Kwazar Sprayers they don't retain pumped pressure and after 10 sec I have to pump again. Is there any other solution accept an electric pump mode? Don't tell me the fake reviews overhyped the product which is probably the case. It's nicely build very solid sprayer, but a flaw as obvious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VeloNYC View Post
    No to hijack, I have 2 1.5 litter Kwazar Sprayers they don't retain pumped pressure and after 10 sec I have to pump again. Is there any other solution accept an electric pump mode? Don't tell me the fake reviews overhyped the product which is probably the case. It's nicely build very solid sprayer, but a flaw as obvious.
    It can be that you have used a product or it's was that since you got it. But an O-ring or rubber seal could be damage don't know the english word for it LOL. Make a call or email the US distributor of Kwazar and ask if they have the repair kit of rubber seals for your version of pump sprayer. Is it a foaming sprayer a regualar pressure sprayer?

There is a huge difference in how the foaming sprayer and a regualar pressure sprayer works. When create the foam it needs air so a foam sprayer needs a lot of air to work. Hence the need of needing to pump up the air pressure more than the other ones.

And also when filling the bottles with your solution. Don't overfill them over the recommended level. Rather fill a little less of product around 3/4 or 2/3 of the recommended volume. That way even if you need a little more pumps to get the pressure up first. It will be working longer before re-pump it.

@oneheadlite
    Try to find a pump sprayer or a valve that you mount the same way you do the air filling valve. That has a max pressure release and useally with plastic bottles it's around 40-45psi or 3bar. There are ones with higher pressure but those are often in some sort of steel. But have not seen a foaming system with that higher pressure bottles or tanks. The pressure is 6bar or 80-90 psi on those with some kind of steel tanks and they are bigger from 1.5 gallon and up in size. Be carefull when testing with air pressures cause even low pressure can hurt you if things goes wrong. And the chemicals used is almost every one not so good to get in the eyes. So safety glasses on

/ Tony

9. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For a handheld sprayer that didn't need pumping every few seconds. How about this one ?

https://media3.webcollage.net/8de216...wdqW7eBOQq4%3D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oz_TCH View Post
    For a handheld sprayer that didn't need pumping every few seconds. How about this one ?

https://media3.webcollage.net/8de216...wdqW7eBOQq4%3D
    If it’s going to involve all that, I might as well just keep it simple and turn on the hose. Lol.

I was expecting that thing to have a drone feature, where it hovers around the vehicle and sprays it down while you sit on your porch sipping a cold beer. Then out pops a midget to wipe it down too. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, true dat. Hose is always the best if its available and can be used.

Post Thanks / Like

Well...I assume they aren't foaming sprayers so that isn't an issue then, right, LOL! You seem pretty anti-foam for some reason and if so, could you explain how or if you pre-wash before doing a 2BM?
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast