autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mother’s CMX is here!

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Here are a couple more water beading shots after the third layer.

Still happy overall but it is more apparent that the product won't be replacing any type of actual SiO2 Coating, even GYEON's CanCoat, anytime soon. I'll be interested in comparing it with PNS as I'll be re-doing the driver side of the hood on the Jeep with that next.

Why do you like Cancoat better?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    Thank you for the video. Is it me or did the Megs side seem to do better? Sorry watched video on my phone.
    The Meg's side is cleaner, they are both still dirty but the Meg's side is much cleaner and it's easy to see.

If I pour a bottle of water on the car they both still repel water like it's day one, it's kinda weird.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

3. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    The Meg's side is cleaner, they are both still dirty but the Meg's side is much cleaner and it's easy to see.

If I pour a bottle of water on the car they both still repel water like it's day one, it's kinda weird.

Quick question. How does the CMX compare to CarPro Reload? Are they in the same league or is one far better than the other?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefBlue View Post
    Quick question. How does the CMX compare to CarPro Reload? Are they in the same league or is one far better than the other?
    I wouldn't say same league. They seem to be completely different products. I've always had streaking issues with reload and it never lasted longer and always attracted tons of dust

Cmx is much easier to use and doesn't collect as much dust, now for me the higher the SIO2 even pure coatings ALWAYS collect a lot of dust for me, polymer sealants normally don't, so cmx beads and repels water closer to a coating but is similar to a sealant in many ways as well. Price wise it's way better

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say same league. They seem to be completely different products. I've always had streaking issues with reload and it never lasted longer and always attracted tons of dust

Cmx is much easier to use and doesn't collect as much dust, now for me the higher the SIO2 even pure coatings ALWAYS collect a lot of dust for me, polymer sealants normally don't, so cmx beads and repels water closer to a coating but is similar to a sealant in many ways as well. Price wise it's way better

Thanks for the quick reply! Do you think CMX can safely be used as a topper on vehicles with Cquartz and would this also help with extending the life of the base cquartz layer?

I am trying to decide if I should use reload on my car with CQuartz or if I should switch to CMX. I don't really have any complaints at the moment but I am new to the nano coating world and want to ensure my black paint always looks its best!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the quick reply! Do you think CMX can safely be used as a topper on vehicles with Cquartz and would this also help with extending the life of the base cquartz layer?

I am trying to decide if I should use reload on my car with CQuartz or if I should switch to CMX. I don't really have any complaints at the moment but I am new to the nano coating world and want to ensure my black paint always looks its best!
    I'd stick with synergy if you can, I rarely do but for me it's very dependant on my environment. I coat with IGL coatings but even premier can be a PITA for me to use so right now I'm finding cmx and HCW to be good drying aids but I'm leaning more on hcw for that and CMX more for my polish remover but might be going back to PNS for that task

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd stick with synergy if you can, I rarely do but for me it's very dependant on my environment. I coat with IGL coatings but even premier can be a PITA for me to use so right now I'm finding cmx and HCW to be good drying aids but I'm leaning more on hcw for that and CMX more for my polish remover but might be going back to PNS for that task

Sounds like a plan!

Post Thanks / Like

Why is Premier a PITA right now?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Why is Premier a PITA right now?
    Heat and wind just make everything harder to do and work with, premier is a great sealant. It beads better then many ceramics it's just not as easy as cmx or hcw

Post Thanks / Like

You also have the option of using CarPro Elixir instead of Reload. I have CQUK 3.0 and use no toppers. EcH20 at 1:20 as a drying aid and that’s all. 8 months later and the performance is strong from the coating.

I let my brother use Elixir on his crossover that has Cquartz every other wash and EcH20 the other times.

Reload is ok but it changes the hydrophobic properties too much for my liking.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast