autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reliable Electric pressure washers

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    AR 630TSS. All the power of a Kranzel but a fraction of the price. Need a 20amp breaker though.
    Do you own this one? The North American branch is
    Very close to your location. I’m seriously interested in this pressure washer. It I gotta act before OG tests it and decides to sell it. He’ll buy them all up and mark them up 46%

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daviddear30 View Post
    I have a sunjoe professional series spx9004
    Had it wall mounted in garage for maybe 7 months.

I love it. So much better than my 1.2 gpm ryobi was!

Highly recommend.

Adjustable pressure and great flow

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Why is this washer so small? Why is it better than other models?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bean438 View Post
    Do you own this one? The North American branch is
    Very close to your location. I’m seriously interested in this pressure washer. It I gotta act before OG tests it and decides to sell it. He’ll buy them all up and mark them up 46%
    Yes, I've had it since August of 2016. Excellent power at 2.1GPM and 1900psi (which can be dialed down) and I've had no issues thus far. I did buy a longer hose and different wand (flexible) with quick connects. Ordered everything from PWMall.com.

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

4. Likes SWETM, VISITOR liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you actually tested the psi, and gpm? I’m gonna assume that it isn’t exaggerated like the cheaper ones.

Without actual testing and going simply on the weight, and current requirements it looks like this unit is on par with the beloved kranzle unit.

Pwmall is where I’m ordering from. I will say that AR North America is very responsive to customer questions. That’s a plus for me.

So do you move the unit around a lot, or so you primarily have it stationary?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sito View Post
    Why is this washer so small? Why is it better than other models?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    The brushless induction electric motor is the big difference with it's much smaller size with the same power.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you actually tested the psi, and gpm? I’m gonna assume that it isn’t exaggerated like the cheaper ones.

Without actual testing and going simply on the weight, and current requirements it looks like this unit is on par with the beloved kranzle unit.

Pwmall is where I’m ordering from. I will say that AR North America is very responsive to customer questions. That’s a plus for me.

So do you move the unit around a lot, or so you primarily have it stationary?
    I have no way to test the manufactures specs, but I can say it blows away the cheap box store electric units, though it does have less pressure then a lot of the larger gas powered units. Pressure Washers Direct has it rated at 3990 cleaning units, which is higher than the $1900 Kranzel K499TST unit at 3800 cleaning units. IMO it has just the right amount of pressure for working on cars, not to much where you need to worry about blowing paint off (Depending on which tip you use), and not too little that if feels like a box store unit. Back in the 90's when I worked in volume shops we use pressure washers rated at 3GPM and 2750-3000PSI, which was too much for working on cars IMO. It was nice when we had muddy farm trucks come in but total overkill most of the time.

I will have it wall mounted once I run the water lines but for now I do pick it up and move it outside, which is only a few feet. It's very heavy though (67lbs) and not something you'd want to be carrying for a long distance.
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?

Post Thanks / Like

Been watching a few videos regarding hot water setups for pressure washers, and most models seems to be able to handle at least warm water. So if you have a fixed location, using either warm or hot water might be a good idea to increase the effectiveness of your machine.

You would have to consult the user manual to see how hot the water can be, but even the low end stuff seems to be about to handle water at around 40 celcius (104 F).

I saw a video where the guys builds a water eater using a 5 gallon bucket and a bucket heater. He gets the water to 44C and the water is steaming (water boils at 100 C). My guess is that using that would be much much more effective than cold water.

I suggested to Matt to make a video about setting up a hot water pw and he answered that the Kranzles can handle 140 F. That is pretty nice. I am thinking about making something for my mobile setup next season... will have to check the range of water temperatures my PWs can handle.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no way to test the manufactures specs, but I can say it blows away the cheap box store electric units, though it does have less pressure then a lot of the larger gas powered units. Pressure Washers Direct has it rated at 3990 cleaning units, which is higher than the $1900 Kranzel K499TST unit at 3800 cleaning units. IMO it has just the right amount of pressure for working on cars, not to much where you need to worry about blowing paint off (Depending on which tip you use), and not too little that if feels like a box store unit. Back in the 90's when I worked in volume shops we use pressure washers rated at 3GPM and 2750-3000PSI, which was too much for working on cars IMO. It was nice when we had muddy farm trucks come in but total overkill most of the time.

I will have it wall mounted once I run the water lines but for now I do pick it up and move it outside, which is only a few feet. It's very heavy though (67lbs) and not something you'd want to be carrying for a long distance.
    Testing would be as easy as an inline pressure gauge at the gun, and spraying water into a bucket for 1 minute, and divide weight (less bucket weight) I think 8.32 or around.

I’ll test mine when I get it. It’s kinda looking like I’ll buy it. It’s a toss up. I really like the for factor of the kranzle 1122.

As for your hose, did you buy the 1/4” 50 footer? If so, why that size, and not a 3/8” hose with a quick connect?

I,was thinking of simply putting mine on a harbor freight moving dolly thingie for 10 bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Testing would be as easy as an inline pressure gauge at the gun, and spraying water into a bucket for 1 minute, and divide weight (less bucket weight) I think 8.32 or around.

I’ll test mine when I get it. It’s kinda looking like I’ll buy it. It’s a toss up. I really like the for factor of the kranzle 1122.

As for your hose, did you buy the 1/4” 50 footer? If so, why that size, and not a 3/8” hose with a quick connect?

I,was thinking of simply putting mine on a harbor freight moving dolly thingie for 10 bucks.
    The Kranzel are excellent units, no doubt about that. I just couldn't justify paying almost twice as much for a less powerful unit.

I did purchase a 50' hose and went with a 1/4" simply because that's what the unit comes with. I wasn't sure how a 3/8" hose would effect performance, though I guess the longer hose could have an effect too, but that's beyond my knowledge. With a 50' hose there really is no need to move it around. I set mine just outside the garage door and have more then enough length to go around my full size truck.

Post Thanks / Like

The Kranzel are excellent units, no doubt about that. I just couldn't justify paying almost twice as much for a less powerful unit.

I did purchase a 50' hose and went with a 1/4" simply because that's what the unit comes with. I wasn't sure how a 3/8" hose would effect performance, though I guess the longer hose could have an effect too, but that's beyond my knowledge. With a 50' hose there really is no need to move it around. I set mine just outside the garage door and have more then enough length to go around my full size truck.
    I tested a 1/4" 30 foot versus 3/8" 50 foot with my gas washer and there was zero difference in flow. Not sure about PSI. I just got a gauge to test that. I think you should have went with a 4.0 orifice instead of 3.5. You'll lose a bit of pressure, but still should have enough, and you'll get more GPM.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

12. Likes RaskyR1 liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast