autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help - Fire Hose Stuff on My Paint

I'll probably just use the Blackfire pro Primer Polish on a white lake country pad. I'm pretty sure that will work. I guess I was just really hoping to avoid (re)doing all this work.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Thanks UncleDavy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you can fleck them off with your fingernail they must be topical then and not etched. Mechanical removal may be your only choice if you don't want to try any more chemical cleaners.
    Might want to see how easy it is to remove them by polishing a small panel. I've seen tar and sap spots laugh at compounding before. Its not the absolute answer like suggested.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I will keep that in mind, thanks for the input Help - Fire Hose Stuff on My Paint I'll update this thread when I get around to polishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Schaeffer's Citrol 266 and Goof Off Overspray Remover are two other products that have removed stubborn stains for me.

6. Likes Bobh59 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is @Firehouse Mike when we need him! I just sent him a PM. Hopefully he can chime in and give his expertise, being a fireman and detailer!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly that's exactly the expertise I was hoping to find! I thought "surely there is a fire fighter on here who loves detailing."

Post Thanks / Like

I always use Tarminator for any foreign stain that won’t come off with car soap and a wash mitt. It seems to resolve and remove any type of foreign material.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with DBAILEY in that they are water spots along with the "products of combustion"...ash from what burned.

I'd be looking at a polish out and reapp of your coating but I'd want to be sure I had protection restored. Sorry for your experience with this.

I like the idea of Tarminator or Tar X on them and let it dwell before rubbing or claying off. Let the Tar remover break down the bond they have on the paint first.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a link to another forum post with significantly greater damage to the vehicle that I replied to.
    Got smoke and soot all over my paint

I was a career firefighter for over 25 years and from the photos you included the fire department was using multiple hose lines with municipal water as the extinguishing agent. No chemicals were being added. The white spots were most likely by-products of incomplete combustion carried by the prevailing winds onto your vehicle. While the fire departments do carry firefighting foam, dry chemical, and CO2 extinguishers, and products for fighting Class D flammable metal fires, this was a typical structure fire. Once the electric and/or gas was controlled in the residence they are fighting a Class A fire, no special chemical extinguishing agents necessary. If your unable to remove these by claying or with a high or low pH product you may need to polish them off and re-coat the vehicle. That's what the OP in the link ended up doing.

12. Thanks ejaf, LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Likes DBAILEY, LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vincec View Post
    Here is a link to another forum post with significantly greater damage to the vehicle that I replied to.
    Got smoke and soot all over my paint

I was a career firefighter for over 25 years and from the photos you included the fire department was using multiple hose lines with municipal water as the extinguishing agent. No chemicals were being added. The white spots were most likely by-products of incomplete combustion carried by the prevailing winds onto your vehicle. While the fire departments do carry firefighting foam, dry chemical, and CO2 extinguishers, and products for fighting Class D flammable metal fires, this was a typical structure fire. Once the electric and/or gas was controlled in the residence they are fighting a Class A fire, no special chemical extinguishing agents necessary. If your unable to remove these by claying or with a high or low pH product you may need to polish them off and re-coat the vehicle. That's what the OP in the link ended up doing.
    This is exactly right. I am currently a firefighter and have been for 15 years. That is just water coming out of the hose lines. All the fire truck does is add pressure to the water. AFFF was mentioned. That is foam thats used in different situations but the picture shown is just water. Other then foam there is nothing added to water for firefighting. Those specs on the paint are probably ash or other things flying through the air from whatever was burning inside of the house.

14. Thanks LSNAutoDetailing thanked for this post
    Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast