autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New pressure washer time. Input/thoughts ?

Your outlet on the wall is 15A? What about the grid in the plug? It should be 20A right?

How long have you had the 630? I’m guessing you use it pretty heavily?

I got a 10% off code so I can get the 1122 for 1077. Pretty good price for an all in one. Once I add up a hose reel, and jumper hose, etc the price difference is smaller.

What to choose? First world problems, lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B5visser View Post
    I'm not an electrician, but I know the GFCI is 15A, however, the breaker in the box is 20A. Never "tripped" either of them.

And I do run a cannon- I have a couple cheap amazon specials with 1.1mm orfices. They generate sufficient foam for me, albeit, less than a gas pressure washer.

"Hot" water is nice. I live in Michigan where the low last night was actually -20. Even feeding the washer with ~120 degree (hot water heater) water dramatically speeds up the time it takes to wash off snow and salt buildup, and is a nice feature IMO.

I too was between the AR and the kranzle. No experience using the Kranzle, but I'm pleased with the AR.
    The breaker is the only thing that would trip (@20 amps). The GFIC will only trip if the outgoing current is not in balance with the incoming current (Some of the current going to the tool is going to ground - hopefully not through a person). The GFIC is rated for 15 amps and it's best not to run more through it (But, there's a safety factor. So, something under 20 amps will probably not hurt it. That's not official though. You should probably follow recommendations.)

So, why is the disparity allowed? It's a 20 amp circuit. it's expected that more than one outlet will be in use at a time. And, generally more than 15 amps will not be run through a single outlet. When more than 15 amps is going to be used regularly, a dedicated circuit would probably be advised.

Is there a 20 amp GFIC? Probably. I doubt if it would be cheap though. It's not a common usage.

Ducksfan - Not a licensed electrician. But, while travelling in my van, I slept overnight in an electrical supply business's parking lot once.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B5visser View Post
    I'm not an electrician, but I know the GFCI is 15A, however, the breaker in the box is 20A. Never "tripped" either of them.

And I do run a cannon- I have a couple cheap amazon specials with 1.1mm orfices. They generate sufficient foam for me, albeit, less than a gas pressure washer.

"Hot" water is nice. I live in Michigan where the low last night was actually -20. Even feeding the washer with ~120 degree (hot water heater) water dramatically speeds up the time it takes to wash off snow and salt buildup, and is a nice feature IMO.

I too was between the AR and the kranzle. No experience using the Kranzle, but I'm pleased with the AR.
    Are you running a 3.5 nozzle on the AR? Or did you stick with 4?
    Have you tested the actual,flow, or psi?

Still thinking about this one, or one of the kranzles. Personally, I think “German engineering” is over rated, and in my experience it actually means, well thought out, and well designed, but after 5 years it’s a roll of the dice for reliability.

I’d also like to add that I’ve exchanged several emails with AR and they’ve answered any, and all questions. I’m still waiting for kranzles response from Jan 17. To me this is huge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bean438 View Post

Still thinking about this one, or one of the kranzles. Personally, I think “German engineering” is over rated, and in my experience it actually means, well thought out, and well designed, but after 5 years it’s a roll of the dice for reliability.

I’d also like to add that I’ve exchanged several emails with AR and they’ve answered any, and all questions. I’m still waiting for kranzles response from Jan 17. To me this is huge
    German engineering is a joke German cars are some of the most unreliable on the market. In WW2, the German tanks kept breaking because of their over engineered designs. I don't know how they got a reputation for quality, it seems everything they make keeps breaking. It's probably a lot better than chineese engineering but other than that, I don't think they can claim any special quality for their designs.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that the German engineering is an american thing. We have only a sea over to Germany and that's saying is not a thing here in Sweden. Kränzle is what Flex is in the polishers category but in PW. They have been around long and the quality of the hardware in them is top notch. Then they have a weak point in the plastic cover on the PW that has them. Where they easly breaks if you are uncarefull with it. Otherwise the pumps and the electric motor is very good quality. And with the right maintance you have a PW for a very long time. Then that you can get a hold of spare parts is a big plus.

I'm not a fanboy either just to note that. But kränzle PW is used widely in companys in an industrial setup. The jobs I have had have had them where we washed the tractors and machines we drove. But it's a very high price on them. And that's was why I got with a Kärcher K7 PW instead. Then it's with all things you can get unlucky. But with the heavly use around the world quality would be bashed on quickly if they would have problems with them. And of course the service from the national reseller is important too. It's a lot to factor in when deciding what to buy. They have just this week released here in EU a new line called X-line which is a consumer PW. So maybe they gets to the US too soon.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no doubt they are well made (kranzle) but it seems over at OG they have a cult status, and if any one questions that some guys get really upset.

Of all the pump styles (wobble, axial, and triplex) wobble is the lowest on the ladder, unless kranzle does something special.

In the OG fb group I posted a suggestion to have a look at the 630tssfrom ar and some guy (not sure if he was trolling or trying to be funny, or if he was just stupid) was praising kranzle and saying the ar unit was a joke, even though it weighs more than the 1322, and draws more power, etc.

Sure, OG tested pretty much every pressure washer at homdepot, and they were all hyped spec wise (even his kranzle was hyped... rated at 1300psi, and was only putting out about 1000.

It’s not really fair to compare the 1132/1122 to a consumer power washer.
    I’m most likely going to buy the 630tss. Very happy with their customer support. Kranzle (the US distributor, not mothership) has yet to reply to my email. To me this speaks volumes. If they can’t be bothered to respond to a pre sales email, what can I expect if I have an after sales problem?

Who knows, maybe it’s a geographic thing. Before OG who really heard of kranzle in the Us? General, cat, and ar (Italian company) are the well known.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    German engineering is a joke German cars are some of the most unreliable on the market. In WW2, the German tanks kept breaking because of their over engineered designs. I don't know how they got a reputation for quality, it seems everything they make keeps breaking. It's probably a lot better than chineese engineering but other than that, I don't think they can claim any special quality for their designs.

Agree with the German engineering, but not the Chinese. They dont engineer anything, they just steal designs and knock things off, and with low quality to boot.

But, the flex 3401 seems to be a beast.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no doubt they are well made (kranzle) but it seems over at OG they have a cult status, and if any one questions that some guys get really upset.

Of all the pump styles (wobble, axial, and triplex) wobble is the lowest on the ladder, unless kranzle does something special.

In the OG fb group I posted a suggestion to have a look at the 630tssfrom ar and some guy (not sure if he was trolling or trying to be funny, or if he was just stupid) was praising kranzle and saying the ar unit was a joke, even though it weighs more than the 1322, and draws more power, etc.

Sure, OG tested pretty much every pressure washer at homdepot, and they were all hyped spec wise (even his kranzle was hyped... rated at 1300psi, and was only putting out about 1000.

It’s not really fair to compare the 1132/1122 to a consumer power washer.
    I’m most likely going to buy the 630tss. Very happy with their customer support. Kranzle (the US distributor, not mothership) has yet to reply to my email. To me this speaks volumes. If they can’t be bothered to respond to a pre sales email, what can I expect if I have an after sales problem?

Who knows, maybe it’s a geographic thing. Before OG who really heard of kranzle in the Us? General, cat, and ar (Italian company) are the well known.
    Yeah some products and brands gets that mentality from people. And sure there are others that may have the quality like kränzle does have. Here in Sweden it's do you want a PW that you know what you get quality wise. Kränzle is what comes up and even the Kärcher Pro HD line is very well build and not like the consumer ones. AR has just come in to Scandinavia so don't know much about them.

Think they are triplex pumps in kränzle. With forged brass and stainless steel plunges that are ceramic coated. Then they have safety for dry running them and bypass and leakage return systems. To sum that up is you get the long life out of the pumps.

Then it's much personal preference which way to go. I got with a Kärcher K7 with the double in performance specs almost against the smallest Kränzle and half of the price. Since I'm doing my own and families cars only. But if I would have a business I would go with a Kränzle without to hesitate. They are workhorses and rarely any problems with them. Then it's also how you will use the PW and what suits your needs to get in to the mix too.

I don't know how the specs is write up on the description of the PW in the US. Here in Sweden and EU it's almost always the max rated specs and not the workload rated specs. And both are useally in the description. It's mostly the psi that is a difference from what the pump can handle and what the manufactures wand and nozzle gets for workload psi. Cause with a too small nozzle tip you can easly get over the max psi rated and wear out the PW very fast.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Ryobi gas with idle down. The idle down feature is awesome

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Yeah some products and brands gets that mentality from people. And sure there are others that may have the quality like kränzle does have. Here in Sweden it's do you want a PW that you know what you get quality wise. Kränzle is what comes up and even the Kärcher Pro HD line is very well build and not like the consumer ones. AR has just come in to Scandinavia so don't know much about them.

Think they are triplex pumps in kränzle. With forged brass and stainless steel plunges that are ceramic coated. Then they have safety for dry running them and bypass and leakage return systems. To sum that up is you get the long life out of the pumps.

Then it's much personal preference which way to go. I got with a Kärcher K7 with the double in performance specs almost against the smallest Kränzle and half of the price. Since I'm doing my own and families cars only. But if I would have a business I would go with a Kränzle without to hesitate. They are workhorses and rarely any problems with them. Then it's also how you will use the PW and what suits your needs to get in to the mix too.

I don't know how the specs is write up on the description of the PW in the US. Here in Sweden and EU it's almost always the max rated specs and not the workload rated specs. And both are useally in the description. It's mostly the psi that is a difference from what the pump can handle and what the manufactures wand and nozzle gets for workload psi. Cause with a too small nozzle tip you can easly get over the max psi rated and wear out the PW very fast.
    The kranzles (USA models 1122 ) is most certainly a wobble plate. I,guess the fact they use ceramic coated steel plungers allow for efficient heat transfer, blah blah blah. I,dunno.

The 1122 is rated 1400psi working pressure, but Matt tested it and it benchmarked 950psi which means it’s hyped specs. He used a 4.0 tip which should have actually seen MORE than 1400 as the factory nozzle is 4.2

Not trying to bash kranzle per say I just don’t think they are the second coming of Christ. They appear well made, the benchmark well, even though it’s under their rating. I really , really like the 1122tst and am still considering it.

It’s the lack of response from kranzle USA that worries me. Based on my experience with “German engineering” the kranzle will work flawlessly for 5 years, and will become expensive to fix after that.

At least with a “pro” pump, I.e cat, General, etc I can find someone locally in any major North American city and they will be able to fix it.

Maybe I’ll call kranzle USA. Who knows, maybe my email went straight to a spam folder or something.

At the end of the day it’s easy to complicate something simple like a pressure washer. Really, it’s just a pump, motor, on/off switch, capacitor, and a pressure switch if so equipped.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast