autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Advice on de-smoking an interior

Here's the good news on the smoking - If you've made it 15 days now, you can make it 16. Once you've made it 16, 17 days is a bit easier. Pretty soon, once you get to 7 months, 8 months is a piece of cake.

This is just my opinion, but were it me, I'd start to develop a plan to wean off the Chantix, too. I don't know anyone who used Chantix, but I've had a few people attempt to quit by using vaping. So far, none have kicked that habit. I'm no expert, but I know I would rather get both over and done with sooner rather than later. But as I mentioned, I wish you well, fellow NE Ohioan!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Slightly related... wear gloves while doing the interior. The buildup of smoke residue can have a fairly significant dose of nicotine in it. You can transfer a decent amount through wet skin pretty quickly. I found out after washing down a old drafting table from an architectural firm, back before smoking was banished to the outdoors. Had a buzz the rest of the day. And a whopping headache the next.

Best of luck!
    M.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried an ionized air filter?
    They work great at removing cigarette smell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DSVETS7R View Post
    Have you tried an ionized air filter?
    They work great at removing cigarette smell.
    Never heard of those.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Advice on de-smoking an interior

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    Never heard of those.
    They look like a regular air purifier but have the added benefit of ionizing the air. If you want to get cig smell out of your car or house these purifiers are the way to go. Something like this. Afterwards, run a bunch of these thru your air vent system. Pretty sure you can get these at auto geek
    Airthereal WA600 Ozone Generator Air Purifier, 600mg/h Ozone Machine Home Air Ionizer for Cars, Rooms, Smoke and Pets Amazon.com: Airthereal WA600 Ozone Generator Air Purifier, 600mg/h Ozone Machine Home Air Ionizer for Cars, Rooms, Smoke and Pets: Home & Kitchen

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on taking this step!! I can not relate on smoking as fortunately I never started (about the only time I ever did anything smart). I can however offer support as does this entire community. Good Luck!

Lots of people have offered solutions all of which will work effectively. Another favorite of mine is a product called "Ozium" and it also eliminates, not just masks odors. As someone else said, completely clean interior, replace cabin air filter, and then use a product of choice. Wearing gloves is a great idea and I didn't think of that one.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on quitting!! I still haven't done it but the girlfriend has and it's making it more inconvenient for me to continue. Too bad you're not closer to me in S.Central Pa, I have a monster of an ozone machine that works well after cleaning the interior. 30,000 Mg hr of ozone gives quite the shock treatment to eliminate odors. cl02 gas treatments work well too depending on the size of the treatment kit. I used a 100gm kit in a moldy van we bought after a good extraction with sporocide and it killed the mold odor. If it kills mold odor, it'll definitely eliminate cigarette smoke odor. Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    Know anybody with an ozone machine? I use one on my hunting clothes, and once in a while in my son's room because his diaper pail gets pretty rancid. Run it for 30 minutes, let the car sit for at least that long so the O3 can do its thing.
    Ozone can do the trick...My best buddy is a real estate agent and carries an ozone machine to stick in the rooms of smoker's houses before they do an open house! It works quite well...if you can stop by a decent named hotel...they have them and use them regularly on rooms where people smoke and not supposed to.

Post Thanks / Like

Nextzett Plastic Vinyl Deep Cleaner Plastik Reiniger is designed to penetrate and remove bitumen and nicotine stains from smoking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    congrats on quitting!! I still haven't done it but the girlfriend has and it's making it more inconvenient for me to continue. Too bad you're not closer to me in S.Central Pa, I have a monster of an ozone machine that works well after cleaning the interior. 30,000 Mg hr of ozone gives quite the shock treatment to eliminate odors. cl02 gas treatments work well too depending on the size of the treatment kit. I used a 100gm kit in a moldy van we bought after a good extraction with sporocide and it killed the mold odor. If it kills mold odor, it'll definitely eliminate cigarette smoke odor. Good luck!!

I just looked it up, it's a 5 hour drive one way. I'd be willing, but I think the wife would frown on it
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast