autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Advice on de-smoking an interior

I started taking CHANTIX and I'm on week 2 of no cigarettes. One of my issues now, is that I can now smell the interior of my car (smells like an ashtray).

What is a good way to de-stink my interior without having to resort to shampooing or other "wet" types of cleaning seeing how it's January and a bit chilly out?
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

2. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Advice on de-smoking an interior

Dakota Odor Bomb Car Odor Eliminator Black Diamond

I've tried this (another scent) on a customer's car, and would call it 90% successful. Customer thought it was 100%, but he was still smoking, and I think his senses were a tad off.

Good luck, both with the odor and the quitting. I was a closet smoker for years, but that meant I would go days sometimes without a cigarette. And quitting was STILL the hardest thing I ever did (and believe me, at my size, cleaning interior rear windows ain't no picnic!).

4. Likes Don M, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don, congrats!!! That is great news about stopping smoking!!! Good for you.
    Now for the car... You will probably need to do somewhat of a full interior, carpet extraction, extract seats if they're cloth, and don't forget the matts.
    Full wipe down of everything else with a good APC, I like McKee's... Maybe even tornador if you have one.

Once you've done a good round of house keeping, then I would suggest CarPro So2Pure, and a good layering of CarPro Fabrics. That should do the trick...

Again, best move of 2019 thus far! Keep it going.

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On my 2010 Camaro I used So2Pure and it worked great! It doesn’t just cover up the odor with a strong odor. I was really impressed.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

8. Likes BudgetPlan1, LSNAutoDetailing, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don stay motivated!!! There really is nothing more beneficial for your health than quitting. You are doing the right thing!!! Keep it up!

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely, congratulations. I’m right there with you. Jan. 9th was my quit date. I use the gum, it’s the only thing that works for me. Word of advice...no matter how long it’s been don’t ever think it will be ok to have just one. I quit for 6 months years ago, quit for 10 months last year. Same downfall every time!!
    Think of all the product you’ll be able to buy saving that couple hundred bucks a month!! lol
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

11. Likes BudgetPlan1, LSNAutoDetailing, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations...I bought a car from my father in law who smokes like a chimney the only thing that worked for me was changing the cabin filter and closing the car up for two days with 2 solo cups full of white vinegar in the cup holders somehow it draws the smell out....sounds crazy but it worked for me....good luck on both of your missions

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you!!

What I do when smoky cars come in is clean everything, seats, head rests, headliner, carpets, plastics, EVERYTHING.Then change your cabin air filter, theres tricks on YouTube about cleaning the vents too, Then I use the Dakota No-Smoke. I havent used it as a bomb (I think you can though) but I do douse the headliner and all fabrics with it then close the car up overnight. That stuff sprays pretty dry so you dont have to worry about saturation so much. Its a very strong smelling spray so dont stay in the car for long!!! LOL
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Know anybody with an ozone machine? I use one on my hunting clothes, and once in a while in my son's room because his diaper pail gets pretty rancid. Run it for 30 minutes, let the car sit for at least that long so the O3 can do its thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Definitely, congratulations. I’m right there with you. Jan. 9th was my quit date. I use the gum, it’s the only thing that works for me. Word of advice...no matter how long it’s been don’t ever think it will be ok to have just one. I quit for 6 months years ago, quit for 10 months last year. Same downfall every time!!
    Think of all the product you’ll be able to buy saving that couple hundred bucks a month!! lol

I keep telling myself that the car is staying cleaner and the windows aren't crudding up as fast (or bad).
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

16. Likes DaveT435 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast