autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Advice on de-smoking an interior

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    I just looked it up, it's a 5 hour drive one way. I'd be willing, but I think the wife would frown on it
    Well, I drove all the way to Garfield New Jersey just to get White Castle Sliders... I didn't have a wife though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gparr View Post
    Ozone can do the trick...My best buddy is a real estate agent and carries an ozone machine to stick in the rooms of smoker's houses before they do an open house! It works quite well...if you can stop by a decent named hotel...they have them and use them regularly on rooms where people smoke and not supposed to.
    Your flood & fire restoration businesses such as ServePro might do it for a fee? Mold remediation companies also have them, along with crime scene/trauma clean up companies. Just some food for thought.

I've seen a lot of guys go about it wrong with ozone machines though, They'll sit the machine itself in the car, turn it on, close the doors then come back an hour later or more depending on the size of their machine in terms of output. Something they don't realize is that after only a few minutes the machine has converted all the oxygen in the car to ozone. (An ozone machine needs a supply of oxygen to continue making ozone.) Once their machine has depleted all the oxygen in the car, again, in just a few minutes, the machine begins to output nitric oxide gas instead of ozone. Nitric oxide gas isn't really a great odor remover. Nitric oxide gas smells like very strong ozone but doesn't have the 30 minute half life like ozone does, so if they've made this mistake, the vehicle will retain a very strong ozone like smell that lasts several days, even up to a week depending again on the the output of the machine.

The machine needs to either be ducted to fresh air on the intake side, if the machine is locked in the car while it's running, or the machine needs to remain outside of the vehicle and introduce the ozone through a duct or hose that injects the ozone into the car. The later is how my machine works. If done properly, the ozone smell should go away completely after an hour or 2.

Post Thanks / Like

YouTube Dallas paint correction video on removing smoke he uses citrol 266 I’ve used it for that and it works but has to be diluted low 1 to 10 with water leaves citrus smell it’s the only thing that has really worked for me besides carpet extraction. The chemical is an actually the worlds greatest tar remover so it can damage if mixed to strong. I’ve done it on about couple details that were brutal and the persons did it to leased cars

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123