autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leather Cleaning

Check out this thread that Mike wrote. Simple and effective products.

Review: GYEON Q2M Leather Cleaner and GYEON Q2 Leather Coat by Mike Phillips

There is also the option of applying a coating to the leather once cleaned. Both of these perform well.

Review - Gyeon Leather Shield (Leather Coating)

Review - CarPro Cquartz Leather Coating

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I've used McKee's 37 All In One Leather Lotion for several years and really liked it. Easy to use, one-step, product.

Looking at the McKee's product page, I'm not sure if it is available any longer. It's not listed by that name and the "Leather Conditioner" page seems to use the leather lotion name in the product copy right along with "conditioner", which might be a new naming of the same product. It's rather jumbled and confusing.
    It was discontinued and replaced by the new leather products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I've used McKee's 37 All In One Leather Lotion for several years and really liked it. Easy to use, one-step, product.

Looking at the McKee's product page, I'm not sure if it is available any longer. It's not listed by that name and the "Leather Conditioner" page seems to use the leather lotion name in the product copy right along with "conditioner", which might be a new naming of the same product. It's rather jumbled and confusing.
    Desertnate - My suspicion is that their 70/30 leather product might cover that space now. Take a look. It might be what you are looking for. I just used it last night on one seat, and Blackfire's all in one leather cleaner on the other to compare. So far, like the aroma of the McKee's better. They have about the same appearance after application. I think the McKee's seat feels better, but I can't describe what I mean by better, and it might be a prejudice I have for McKee's products. I'll see how they both look after a week or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    It was discontinued and replaced by the new leather products.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk9750 View Post
    Desertnate - My suspicion is that their 70/30 leather product might cover that space now. Take a look. It might be what you are looking for. I just used it last night on one seat, and Blackfire's all in one leather cleaner on the other to compare. So far, like the aroma of the McKee's better. They have about the same appearance after application. I think the McKee's seat feels better, but I can't describe what I mean by better, and it might be a prejudice I have for McKee's products. I'll see how they both look after a week or so.
    Thanks, guys.

After reading the product descriptions on both, I think the all in one has been broken apart into two distinct products, a cleaner and a conditioner. The part which confused me at first is found in the middle of the conditioner's product description here at AG

McKee's 37 All-In-One Leather Lotion is not a magical cream that restores older, neglected leather to like new-condition – the truth is, such a product does not exist. What it is designed to do is PREVENT long-term leather deterioration from happening in the first place. We know your time is valuable, which is why we created a product that cleans, conditions, AND protects in one step. Here's the kicker: you actually have to use McKee's 37 Leather Conditioner in order to reap the benefits!
    Both names are used in the same paragraph!

OP: Sorry for the confusion. I'll withdraw my recomendation since the product isn't made any longer. Looks like I'll be looking for an new product once this bottle runs out.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve used Wolfgang leather cleaner followed by Wolfgang leather treatment. It leaves the seats like new. No shine, just natural leather look and feel. I’m currently using Sonax cleaner and treatment with similar results. Most quality leather cleaners and treatment products are going to leave the leather like new, not with any kind of shine or greasy feel.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12