autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Brand New Mytee Focus 1500 Steamer not producing steam

Okay, so we just picked up a brand new Mytee 1500 Focus Vapour Steamer yesterday, and being our first steamer, I’ve been eager to give it a try. Opened up the bay tonight, brought a car in and set up the steamer. Added 2 Gallons of distilled water (about half full, I did not want to fill it in case of an issue and not sure how much water this thing goes through yet) followed the instructions on the manual. Add water, hold pump for 15 seconds then turn heater on. I vacuumed the car out and by that point the heater light had turned off. I grabbed the wand, so excited to see what this could do and to my surprise nothing had come out. No steam, no water, absolutely nothing. I thought I would try the process again. Turned off the heater and held the pump for 15 seconds. I could hear a clicking noise that I had not heard when I first started it. Flicked the heater switch back on and the red light was still out, but no steam. Held the pump button again with Hester on. No difference. Let it sit for 15 minutes and unplugged the unit then opened up the top. I did a quick visual and everything looks to be okay. No kinks in the lines. I have tried researching online for the last hour with no results. Is there a defect with this machine? Am I doing something wrong? I’m stumped. And never having a steamer before, I have no idea what to look for.

Thabks for everyones replies and I appreciate any input you may have!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brand New Mytee Focus 1500 Steamer not producing steam

I have one that is new that the same exact thing happened to me. I though that I was just dumb and put it away, that was a year ago. Been to busy to deal with it for now.