autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Using a rupes 15

Grab your seat belt and buckle up. You are going to hear everything from “it’s a system” to “it’s engineered that way” to “the hook and loop is designed for lateral stress” and so on. Having to grease a polisher backing plate just seems like the most illogical approach to a solution but that’s just me. Then, your still going to have a pad sticking problem.

Here is my take on it from a thread I posted. Very mixed opinions. Good luck.

I sure hope Rupes figures things out in the MKiii LHR model
    I sure hope Rupes figures things out in the MKiii LHR model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Using a rupes 15

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlmens View Post
    I was using my rupes 15 today for the first time extensively on a full correction, ( I don't have a rotary at the moment ) What I noticed is that on my truck, it's a 2018, more of the newer vehicles have a lot of bends / curves in back panels and hoods, my rupes kept stalling out on almost anything except a flat surface. I've heard that I just need to change my pressure points on the machine pretty much, and I've always heard it's because it's a rupes. Does anyone have some good videos / tips / advice on how I can keep it from stalling so much, or how to apply pressure to certain areas when working around curves / bends on panels. Thanks!
    Its not rupes it's any long throw. Saying U need to adjust the way your holding it is BS. The only way it will spin is if its flat/level. If you are on a curved panel and the pad is flat/level than a majority of the pad wont be touching the paint.

This is why I use my trusty flex on all curved panels.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Using a rupes 15

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    The issue with the grey plate was vague. Some say it was a "bad batch", but more likely is was user error.

I'm guessing it was the heavy pressure some enjoy using, overcoming the hook barbs on the grey plate. The extra pressure creates a lot of heat, possibly melting the thinner hooks, resulting in reduced, or inability to hold on to the loop material on the pads.

The difference between the blue and grey plate is how hard it holds on to the pads. Everuthing else should be the same.

It took quite a while for me to get the hang of using Rupes tools as intended. I had to switch back to the PC 7424xp many times because I just couldn't get the hang of it.

Once I did get the hang of it, it became a very efficient and effective ally in polishing and correcting paint.

Does your G15, and G21 have the washers installed?

Be careful with the grease. Too much will actually restrict rotation. Just need a very thin film on the contact platform on the backing plate.
    Thank you for that ! No, the G15 and G21 do not have washers installed. I did not feel that they needed it since stalling wasn't an issue.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123