autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Waterless wash, techniques for SPEED?

I'm trying to come up with a system to keep my daily driver looking clean with as little effort and money as possible.

Ive been using waterless wash a lot while at the Supercharging stations. It seems more efficient than setting aside an hour on the weekend, breaking out the buckets and hoses, etc...

I've been wondering what the detailers typical "quick and dirty" routine is for their daily drivers? How do you save time while still being reasonable about cost and damage infliction? Shine and look are an afterthought here...

And how about 12v portable vacs or steamers. Any good solution for my interior on the go?

I'm thinking about just buying a concentrate of waterless product that cleans shines and protects both interior and exterior. Then just buy tons of MF towels, vac, and be done with it until my once a year DA correction...

2. Likes The Guy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waterless wash, techniques for SPEED?

Hydro shot, 2 gals water and about 6 to 8 mg rags in my garage and 45 to 60 minutes

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Your favorite rinseless wash, 4 microfiber towels soaking in the solution and my wheel bucket.

I wash the wheels/tires in about 10-15 minutes and then the car itself takes another 20 or so. I drive a Miata so that's why its so quick. I usually use a drying aid. Used to use xpress spray wax but have been trying beadmaker and like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eyedrop View Post
    I'm trying to come up with a system to
    keep my daily driver looking clean with
    as little effort and money as possible.

Ive been using waterless wash a lot...

How do you save time while still being reasonable
    about cost and damage infliction?

Shine and look are an afterthought here...

I'm thinking about just buying a concentrate of
    waterless product that cleans shines and protects
    both interior and exterior.
    IMO, to meet, or exceed, your above criteria...
    Meguiar’s has the near-perfect product(s):
    1.) “Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere” (UW&WA);
    or, (essentially) UW&WA’s bulk/concentrated version:
    2.) “Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax” D115 (128 oz)

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

The trick I've found is multiple microfibers to avoid marring and then I fill a couple of spray bottles with the waterless solution.

The number of towels and solution used is relative to how dirty the car is. I spray one panel down, soaking it if driven in snow or rain and have a lot of film and grime. Let it drip off. I then spray my towel to lubricate and work from top to bottom of the panel. I then wipe with a clean dry microfiber and move to next panel.

Wheels and wheel wells I liberally spray and wipe with my microfibers delegated to wheel duty. I use one MF towel per wheel and will use a couple or so on the wheel wells.

I keep a bucket or plastic bag and throw the used towels in there until I go wash them the same day. Usually soak in Oxiclean and then wash 8 hours later.
    I personally use these towels. Big Blue Microfiber Drying Towel

I have 20 and love them! I use anywhere from 6 to 15 per wash depending how dirty car is. I rather do laundry than polish ��

I have been using Carpro Ech2o as my wash and I love the gloss it adds! I also use Mckees N914, when I don't want my LSP altered.

Sometimes when I'm done I'll go over the whole car with a last new MF towel to do a final wipe and use Sonax BSD.

Interior I just wipe down as mine is never dirty except for usual dust. I use Meguiars Quik Interior detailer and use it on interior windows too.

I'll vacuum whenever I can get to one.

My OCD makes me wash my waterless fancy towels separate from the wheel and wheel well towels. Often the wheel well towel will get small parts of grass and other things stuck. I only use them for wheel wells. I inspect them all during wash and after, trying to pick the debris out.

Hope that helps.

I personally would add a good sealant/wax/coating and then work forward from there. I personally don't understand why everyone hunts the longest lasting LSP, only to be topping it every damn wash! I love a clean car as much as the next guy, but since I dont have a garage I try to make the best of my time. The rinseless/waterless products out there are amazing!

Many may disagree but when my car is filthy or caked in salt during winter, I run it through a touchless carwash to blast off all the gunk. I then go home and do a waterless wash.

I use Sonax PNS as my LSP and it has never seemed to been stripped from the touchless.

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I find that using detail spray (I used BeadMaker) and wipe with just 1 MF towel every day is easiest Vs doing it once a week (or longer).
    10 mins a day, I'm done on my daily driver. Small car, Miata, park in garage.
    Wheels wipe down, I will do 2-3 times a week another 6-7 mins.
    Tires dressing, once a week or as needed.

But we just got snowed, with snow and salt on the road, I reckon it may take me longer now (and more than just 1 towel).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oz_TCH View Post
    I find that using detail spray (I used BeadMaker) and wipe with just 1 MF towel every day is easiest Vs doing it once a week (or longer).
    10 mins a day, I'm done on my daily driver. Small car, Miata, park in garage.
    Wheels wipe down, I will do 2-3 times a week another 6-7 mins.
    Tires dressing, once a week or as needed.

But we just got snowed, with snow and salt on the road, I reckon it may take me longer now (and more than just 1 towel).
    Bead Maker isn’t a detail spray, it’s a spray sealant. It should only be used on a clean surface.

10. Thanks Oz_TCH thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Bead Maker isn’t a detail spray, it’s a spray sealant. It should only be used on a clean surface.
    I'm probably overdoing it. But when you do it every day, its pretty clean. But I hear what you're saying, may be I'll switch to my other detail spray.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oz_TCH View Post
    I'm probably overdoing it. But when you do it every day, its pretty clean. But I hear what you're saying, may be I'll switch to my other detail spray.
    Or maybe you can mix it with your detail spray in the same bottle and make a hybrid spray.

13. Likes Oz_TCH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ammo Frothe with the pump foamer. Hands down the best all around waterless I've ever used. And I have tried just about all of the popular ones. It's also the safest by far.

Been using it since it was released and haven't looked back.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast