autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sonax BSD & V07?

I’ve been reading that guys have been mixing these two for years to get a little slicker surface than BSD alone. On another forum some guys were saying the blue formula of BSD is better than the older version and mixing isn’t really beneficial. I’m new to Sonax and am about to order some PNS and BSD. Should I pick up some V07 and if so what is the recommended mixing ratio? Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax BSD & V07?

If you are going to be useing it your nice white truck in the profile picture. I would not mix with V07. And if you are wanting the slickest LSP the Sonax PNS and BSD is not so good at that ability. What you do get is an awesome water behavior and self cleaning ability from PNS and BSD. And you get get a nice crispy looking paint. The feel of the paint is not so bad but not great either. A tips I can share is to pour BSD in a spray bottle with a nozzle that you can adjust to a fine mist spray. If you want to look up a Flairosol spray bottle it is perfect for BSD with it's very fine mist it has. And if you don't want to change the spray bottle. I would recommend the first times to spray in the mf towel and wipe it in with and follow up with a second mf towel. Change the wipe off mf towel when you feel it's getting saturated as you need it's ability to soak up the BSD excess product to not get it streaking. And remember a little goes a long way with BSD. So prime the applicator towel with a couple of sprays and on a mid sized car 1-2 sprays per panel is often enough. This way I have it to be the least grabby. And since you maintain a base coat of PNS you need very little product to spruce up the protection that has.

If you still want to try V07 and BSD combo they mixing it 50/50. And if you feel the BSD is a little thick you can dilute it 50/50 with distilled water. On it's own BSD gets you 2-3 months of solid protection depending on what kind of environment and driving habbits you have. So dilute it is no problem if applyied monthly.

The PNS I have not tested out so others can chaim in on that. But it's the closest to a coating you get and sometimes even better behavior than some coatings. And the looks on white paints for some reason is awesome IMO.

Will be interesting to hear what you think about them.

/ Tony

3. Thanks mdbenge, abileneautoworx thanked for this post
    Likes abileneautoworx, Loach, cullen2505, KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    If you are going to be useing it your nice white truck in the profile picture. I would not mix with V07. And if you are wanting the slickest LSP the Sonax PNS and BSD is not so good at that ability. What you do get is an awesome water behavior and self cleaning ability from PNS and BSD. And you get get a nice crispy looking paint. The feel of the paint is not so bad but not great either. A tips I can share is to pour BSD in a spray bottle with a nozzle that you can adjust to a fine mist spray. If you want to look up a Flairosol spray bottle it is perfect for BSD with it's very fine mist it has. And if you don't want to change the spray bottle. I would recommend the first times to spray in the mf towel and wipe it in with and follow up with a second mf towel. Change the wipe off mf towel when you feel it's getting saturated as you need it's ability to soak up the BSD excess product to not get it streaking. And remember a little goes a long way with BSD. So prime the applicator towel with a couple of sprays and on a mid sized car 1-2 sprays per panel is often enough. This way I have it to be the least grabby. And since you maintain a base coat of PNS you need very little product to spruce up the protection that has.

If you still want to try V07 and BSD combo they mixing it 50/50. And if you feel the BSD is a little thick you can dilute it 50/50 with distilled water. On it's own BSD gets you 2-3 months of solid protection depending on what kind of environment and driving habbits you have. So dilute it is no problem if applyied monthly.

The PNS I have not tested out so others can chaim in on that. But it's the closest to a coating you get and sometimes even better behavior than some coatings. And the looks on white paints for some reason is awesome IMO.

Will be interesting to hear what you think about them.

/ Tony
    I’ll be using it on the Ram and a white GMC dually so nice to hear it helps the white pop. My main reason for trying PNS/BSD combo is because I’m about to get busy,busy and won’t have the time to wash/seal my trucks as I have in the past. The slickness doesn’t really matter to me much just the long lasting protection I read about. I may try BSD straight on one truck and the mixture on another just to experience the difference. I really appreciate the detailed response!

5. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the longevity of PNS is good and the help with BSD as topper it will be lasting about a 6 months or so. Consider which car soap you are going to be useing or which waterless wash or rinseless wash. Since it has an aggressive water behavior and self cleaning ability I would use something that don't leave anything behind or that the glossenhancers don't interfear with the PNS/ BSD. I like Carpro Reset but there are others like gtechnic g-wash and Gyeon Bathe and Meguiars Hyper Wash D110. For rinseless wash or waterless wash you have McKees 37 N-914 rinseless wash and think that Wolfgang über rinseless wash works too.

Yeah it's fun to test out different products. I don't know if the V07 does degrade the water behavior and self cleaning ability a little. But since you have the different vehicals to apply it on you will notice that. And white paints you will be satisfied with the looks I think.

7. Likes abileneautoworx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Skip the V07 and get the best newest product out there, P & S Bead Maker!!!

Renny Doyle Double Black Bead Maker Paint Protectant
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

9. Likes abileneautoworx, Rsurfer, acuRAS82, Loach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Skip the V07 and get the best newest product out there, P & S Bead Maker!!!

Renny Doyle Double Black Bead Maker Paint Protectant
    Got a 16oz and a gallon. I have way to many supplies for just three vehicles,lol. I’m always trying something new seems.

11. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Yeah the longevity of PNS is good and the help with BSD as topper it will be lasting about a 6 months or so. Consider which car soap you are going to be useing or which waterless wash or rinseless wash. Since it has an aggressive water behavior and self cleaning ability I would use something that don't leave anything behind or that the glossenhancers don't interfear with the PNS/ BSD. I like Carpro Reset but there are others like gtechnic g-wash and Gyeon Bathe and Meguiars Hyper Wash D110. For rinseless wash or waterless wash you have McKees 37 N-914 rinseless wash and think that Wolfgang über rinseless wash works too.

Yeah it's fun to test out different products. I don't know if the V07 does degrade the water behavior and self cleaning ability a little. But since you have the different vehicals to apply it on you will notice that. And white paints you will be satisfied with the looks I think.
    I use Hyperwash now but I’m almost out so I’m thinking of trying Opt Car Wash next. Thanks for all the advice man!

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abileneautoworx View Post
    Got a 16oz and a gallon. I have way to many supplies for just three vehicles,lol. I’m always trying something new seems.

In that case skip the V07. I used it for a while and it's a decent product but no where near the level of BM.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

15. Likes abileneautoworx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    In that case skip the V07. I used it for a while and it's a decent product but no where near the level of BM.
    10-4!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abileneautoworx View Post
    10-4!

I have both PNS and BSD and have used that combo, they work very well together.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

18. Likes abileneautoworx, Loach liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast