autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please chime in on CarPro Gliss v2...

Do these things need to be applied to coating to bond? They sound like modern sealants to me, I'd be interested if they could be slapped on top of some Blackfire one-step or similar. I just can't quit my AIO's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    Do these things need to be applied to coating to bond? They sound like modern sealants to me, I'd be interested if they could be slapped on top of some Blackfire one-step or similar. I just can't quit my AIO's.
    Coatings need to bond to bare paint or in some cases coatings can bond to a primer polish.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that you still need a preped paint to apply it on. It may have to do with what Blackfire One Step Finish AIO has for kind of protection in it. If you can get off the oils it may bond to it. Will be try to see if it works and how long it would last.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Coatings need to bond to bare paint or in some cases coatings can bond to a primer polish.
    I mean these top coats specifically. Gliss, skin, etc. I'm curious if they specifically need a coated surface to bond or if they're substantive like most sealants.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    I have some TiO2 but don't use it any longer since UK is so good. Perhaps I'll use TiO2 on my son's jeep/hood today for you. Video of it all to come.
    Heard tio2 on top of cquk way to go.... improves looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I mean these top coats specifically. Gliss, skin, etc. I'm curious if they specifically need a coated surface to bond or if they're substantive like most sealants.
    They are essentially coatings so they need to bond to bare paint. Skin is not available other then getting Syncro.

More info on Gliss straight from CarPro

Q. Does Gliss perform as sealant or a coating?

A. It is a lighter version of the CQuartz coatings

Q. Can it be used on top of Reload, Essence Extreme, or Essence Plus?

A. No since they will not allow the coating to bond to the surface.

Q. Can you use it as stand alone coat?

A. Yes its very easy to use and will bond well on bare paint.

Q. Do you need to use Eraser pre coat?

A. Yes to ensure the surface is free of any oils that will prevent the coating from bonding. If a wax or sealant has been previously applied to the surface they will need to be stripped as Eraser will not remove them.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Heard tio2 on top of cquk way to go.... improves looks

This was common practice before Gliss came out. It is a decent combo. The theory according to Cory is the hardness of UK with the stain resistance of TiO2.

7. Thanks DetailZeus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevine View Post
    Oh my god! Blasphemy. Towels AND pads stored in the open yet people still bring me Bentleys, Ford GTs, and Hellcats! What is this craziness you speak of???? Chill People. There is a point of anal obsessive. I have my process and set up, of which none of you know, and it serves me well but thanks to the experts for their input.
    That really has nothing to do with whether or not people with nice cars come see you. A bunch of terrible shops that charge hundreds of dollars only to put swirls all over Ferraris are in my city. Anyway....

Avi, or anyone else, with all the extra stuff that is going under and over Cquartz now, is the 2 year+ life of the actual coating still expected? I got 2.5 years out of Cquartz OG (non-UK) on my car that I kept outside and really want to make sure I get another 2 years out of this next application on my own car. I searched like crazy to find anyone who verified that 2 years is still expected with Essence + Cquartz and didn't really find much, but it appears I can't find anything on such a claim with all three.
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    That really has nothing to do with whether or not people with nice cars come see you. A bunch of terrible shops that charge hundreds of dollars only to put swirls all over Ferraris are in my city. Anyway....

Avi, or anyone else, with all the extra stuff that is going under and over Cquartz now, is the 2 year+ life of the actual coating still expected? I got 2.5 years out of Cquartz OG (non-UK) on my car that I kept outside and really want to make sure I get another 2 years out of this next application on my own car. I searched like crazy to find anyone who verified that 2 years is still expected with Essence + Cquartz and didn't really find much, but it appears I can't find anything on such a claim with all three.
    I see no reason why you would lesson the life of Cquartz. If anything it may last longer with the sacrificial layer over top of it. Part of my spring clean up packages for my previous coating customers is to lighly nano-mitt the vehicle and revitalize the coatings and even my Gliss/Skin vehicles come back to new once fully decontaminated.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    I see no reason why you would lesson the life of Cquartz. If anything it may last longer with the sacrificial layer over top of it. Part of my spring clean up packages for my previous coating customers is to lighly nano-mitt the vehicle and revitalize the coatings and even my Gliss/Skin vehicles come back to new once fully decontaminated.
    That's a very good idea brother! Do you mind sharing the steps? Wash, mechanical decon, top up?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Please chime in on CarPro Gliss v2...

Quote Originally Posted by conman1395 View Post
    No, it’s because I do good work and the word of mouth gets lots of references to their friends. Funny how they keep coming back. Dumb comment but carry on Mr internet expert.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast