autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gliss vs > GYEON's SKIN

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Quick update on Gliss v2. Very brief comment is that it's on-par if not slightly better than GYEON's Skin coating that comes with their Syncro Kit. I'm a HUGE Fan of a lot of GYEON's products and most importantly their Skin but being it's not sold separately and now with Gliss v2 being just as slick if not more so and the same for it's hydrophobic property, I think I'm going to be switching back to CarPro once again.

I've had all the side panels on my Red Sport 400 done with Essence, UK 3.0 and Gliss v2 and after a wash tonight I'm super impressed. I'm pretty confident it will get me through a full 12 months but I'll be sure to keep updating posts as time goes on. For now, my next move is to do the horizontal panels next and finish off the entire car.
    Dammit! I’m trying not to buy any more sio2 products and you guys just keep posting the latest and greatest.....Please chime in on CarPro Gliss v2...Please chime in on CarPro Gliss v2...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Please chime in on CarPro Gliss v2...

Here’s my take. But first, a few caveats:

1) I am an avid Carpro user and this is by no means a bashing post.

2) I only use TiO2 not UK since I am in the south and don’t have to worry about cold temps for application.

3). You can spew all you want with fancy jargon like hydrophobic, contact angles, etc etc but I prefer going old fashioned and just see if it works.

Now that said, I used gliss v2 over TiO2 a few weeks back on a hellcat just to try it out.

Everything was done the same as far as prep and applications. The only difference was the right half of the hood had gliss v2 on top, the left did not.

While not scientific, the feel of the hood with hand, baggie, and towel all felt the same. Then I went to the water hose. Again, there was no discernible difference in water shedding characteristics. As for shine, could not see any difference there either but then again, it’s white.

Bottom line, it may make a difference with some products. Perhaps UK is one of them but I certainly cant see a need with TiO2.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please chime in on CarPro Gliss v2...

Quote Originally Posted by Trevine View Post
    Here’s my take. But first, a few caveats:

1) I am an avid Carpro user and this is by no means a bashing post.

2) I only use TiO2 not UK since I am in the south and don’t have to worry about cold temps for application.

3). You can spew all you want with fancy jargon like hydrophobic, contact angles, etc etc but I prefer going old fashioned and just see if it works.

Now that said, I used gliss v2 over TiO2 a few weeks back on a hellcat just to try it out.

Everything was done the same as far as prep and applications. The only difference was the right half of the hood had gliss v2 on top, the left did not.

While not scientific, the feel of the hood with hand, baggie, and towel all felt the same. Then I went to the water hose. Again, there was no discernible difference in water shedding characteristics. As for shine, could not see any difference there either but then again, it’s white.

Bottom line, it may make a difference with some products. Perhaps UK is one of them but I certainly cant see a need with TiO2.

Off topic but I like your wall set Up in the first picture

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevine View Post
    Bottom line, it may make a difference with some products. Perhaps UK is one of them but I certainly cant see a need with TiO2. [/IMG]
    I have some TiO2 but don't use it any longer since UK is so good. Perhaps I'll use TiO2 on my son's jeep/hood today for you. Video of it all to come.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

5. Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    I have some TiO2 but don't use it any longer since UK is so good. Perhaps I'll use TiO2 on my son's jeep/hood today for you. Video of it all to come.
    TiO2 is good but as you said UK is so good and a bit better than TiO2. TiO2 still benefits from Gliss in my experience.

Let us know how it works out on your sons Jeep.

7. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Off topic but I like your wall set Up in the first picture

But towels stored in the open!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my god! Blasphemy. Towels AND pads stored in the open yet people still bring me Bentleys, Ford GTs, and Hellcats! What is this craziness you speak of???? Chill People. There is a point of anal obsessive. I have my process and set up, of which none of you know, and it serves me well but thanks to the experts for their input.

Post Thanks / Like

I applied UK to my wife's car around Christmas time. Her car sat in the garage all winter while we were gone. I picked up the new version of Gliss and I am going to apply it in the next few days. Looking forward to seeing if it is notably different than UK alone. I love Carpro products and kinda understand the coating over a coating viewpoint, but if I get improved results or more longevity it will be worth the time. Plus, it will just be fun!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Cquartz lite is a new product that they have coming out that’s very similar to cancoat I was going to buy gliss but waiting on this. It a 150 ml 6 month coating selling in the $50 range

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joleyred View Post
    I applied UK to my wife's car around Christmas time. Her car sat in the garage all winter while we were gone. I picked up the new version of Gliss and I am going to apply it in the next few days. Looking forward to seeing if it is notably different than UK alone. I love Carpro products and kinda understand the coating over a coating viewpoint, but if I get improved results or more longevity it will be worth the time. Plus, it will just be fun!!
    Gliss even the original was notably different. The great news about v2.0 is that it's even slicker to the touch but most importantly it sheds water like crazy stupid good. On-par if not better than Skin/Syncro from GYEON and that's what I was so hoping for!! Now I can do just a two layer application to get those results vs having to do three. You'll love it.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast