autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please chime in on CarPro Gliss v2...

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    I just cant wrap my head around the coating for a coating concept. I understand after my reading and video watching what Gliss does, but it has to be applied as a coating to a coating.

Mind is blown.

I'd almost prefer coating and follow up with a Si02 detailer.
    I agree with you here. I'm not sure why I would mess with Gliss, Skin, EXO, or any of the other coatings you put on top of a coating. I've had a good experience simply appling the coating, keeping it clean, and wiping it down with a quality drying aid after a wash. It always looked good and durability exceeded my needs.

I'm not convinced I need to speed the extra money and time on these products.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Would be cool to hear more, I just watched a bunch of videos.

I just cant wrap my head around the coating for a coating concept. I understand after my reading and video watching what Gliss does, but it has to be applied as a coating to a coating.

Mind is blown.

Will be interesting to hear if the work is worth the improvement.
    • The benefit to Gliss and Skin is to add another sacraficial layer
    • Adds more gloss
    • Adds a more hydrophobic performance/dirt resistance and a slicker feel
    • Adds greater resistance to water spots

I personally sell it as a big factor for vehicles that are not garaged or for someone who really wants the maximum performance in terms of water sheeting and clean-ability.

I've not tried Gliss v2 yet but I have a bottle but Skin for example has been on my car and my wife's CUV and performing amazing all winter. YMMV on longevity, etc but her car has been nearly 12 months and it's performance is very strong. That is further reassurance that the actual 2 layers of MOHS under it haven't even been touched yet.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I see your point. The things I note most about them both Gliss and Skin is that they are super super easy and fast to apply. 1/2 the time if not 1/3 the time of the coating. Goes on and flash very quick and wipe off perfectly with minimal effort.

I love the added hydrophobic property enhancement and I love the constant slick feel after a wash. No detail spray needed to get it.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

4. Likes Bruno Soares, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Any updates to this thread?
    Avi sent me a bottle of Gliss V2 but I have not had a chance to try it out. I also still have some V1 left. This off and on rain here in So Cal throws a wrench in my plans.

Would be cool to hear more, I just watched a bunch of videos.

Mind is blown.

Will be interesting to hear if the work is worth the improvement.
    I have had CQUK 3.0 topped with Gliss V1 and it is definitely worth it. 8 months and the hydrophobic properties are like day 1. CQUK 3.0 lacks slickness and has been redesigned to handle water spotting better than the previous formula. Gliss leaves the surface feeling slicker and is designed to protect the base layer from water spotting.

One benefit for example is that I do not need to use an SiO2 maintenance product to maintain it as Gliss is doing the job of say Reload at a whole other level. Gliss also has the same contact angle/hydrophobic performance/self cleaning effect as CQUK 3.0 compared to Reload.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I agree with you here. I'm not sure why I would mess with Gliss, Skin, EXO, or any of the other coatings you put on top of a coating. I've had a good experience simply appling the coating, keeping it clean, and wiping it down with a quality drying aid after a wash. It always looked good and durability exceeded my needs.

You should try it at least once.

Exo is actually a dedicated coating. Folks just use it as a topper for its hydrophobic behavior. Crystal Serum Light lacks that extreme hydrophobic water behavior. Exo kicks it up without sacrificing the slick feeling of CSL. Definitely a fun combo to play with.

Skin is as a topper has the best water behavior of any topper I have used. The slickness is great as well. The downside for me is that it's performance is lacking and by 6 months it has lost a lot of its pizzazz. I would not longer pick up Syncro unless Skin is tweaked. But I will say that the hydrophobic behavior of Mohs is a bit underwhelming and thus Skin adds that nice performance. Similar to CanCoat being used as a coating topper.

Gliss is right behind Skin and Exo. Gliss can actually be used as a stand alone as well. The only complaint I have about it is that it can develop a white haze a couple days later but that is easily remedied with a wipedown or first wash.

I for one have not had any water spotting issues with any coating I have used but these toppers are fun to play with.

6. Thanks waynvision thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    . The only complaint I have about it is that it can develop a white haze a couple days later but that is easily remedied with a wipedown or first wash.
    Haze is common for sure. I am not sure but it must be a reaction to its curing. I tell customers to simple leave it be and resist washing it for 1 week.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If you decon the paint and it's in good shape as not so much defects on it. Would these toppers like Gliss v2 and other brands that has them be worth to apply as a stand alone LSP? With an expectation of 9-12 months longevity from them. Or is they needed to have a coating to be applyied on to get the crazy water behavior and self cleaning ability they have on them. As I understand it Reload is little like 2 products if you use it as a stand alone or top coating on a coating. It's seems to be almost the same behavior on a coating but as a stand alone it don't reach those levels. Or useing a primer polish for coatings and then apply the top coating on it. As for them who just want to have a LSP on the paint for a year and then reapply after a finishing polish touch up. So the full blown coatings would not be needed since you are only be haveing it on the paint for a year.

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Have about 15ml of CQUK 3 and about 25ml of Gliss V2, opened & used last month.

Free to a good home if you wanna give 'em a try

Please chime in on CarPro Gliss v2...-cquk_gliss-jpg

10. Thanks 392hemi thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, The Guz, Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to try if no one has claimed them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gparr View Post
    I would like to try if no one has claimed them.
    BudgetPlan1 was kind enough to send them to me. I was considering Gliss v2 and took his offer.
    Bruno Soares

13. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gliss vs > GYEON's SKIN

Quick update on Gliss v2. Very brief comment is that it's on-par if not slightly better than GYEON's Skin coating that comes with their Syncro Kit. I'm a HUGE Fan of a lot of GYEON's products and most importantly their Skin but being it's not sold separately and now with Gliss v2 being just as slick if not more so and the same for it's hydrophobic property, I think I'm going to be switching back to CarPro once again.

I've had all the side panels on my Red Sport 400 done with Essence, UK 3.0 and Gliss v2 and after a wash tonight I'm super impressed. I'm pretty confident it will get me through a full 12 months but I'll be sure to keep updating posts as time goes on. For now, my next move is to do the horizontal panels next and finish off the entire car.

15. Likes The Guz, Bruno Soares, SWETM liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast