autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What I want to see in 2019

-More "ceramic" AIO's with jeweling ability and durable fillers that are easy to use. Similar to Carpro Essence.
    -More "coating lite" products with durability about a year (including winter). I think a lot of the products on the market now would fit the bill if you just knocked down the price point. If I'm going to reapply yearly the coating need to be $30 or less IMO. It also shouldn't require a booster, have acceptable slickness, and stand up to water spots just fine on it's own. Think how Gloss Coat was originally marketed.

My idea is you market a "synergistic" AIO + coating lite combo that can affordably be done on a yearly basis. I think this would be the ideal daily driver combo. The reality for me is most vehicles I detail could really use a very light polish once a year. Here in the Midwest *something* always seems to happen over the course of the year whether it's someone brushing up against the door in the city, weird fallout from construction, marring from a snow brush, or new girl putting her Starbucks on the roof. It just gives me peace of mind I can take care of things in the spring without ruining my $300, multi-layer coating I put on a year ago. It also eliminates the struggle of trying to chemically revive a coating that may or may not have made it through a brutal winter.

What I'd like to see is your basic spring detail where you use your "ceramic" or "primer" AIO (choose whatever cool marketing term you want) just as you would any other like HD Speed or D166. Then you wipe off the residue, put down a layer of an easy to use coating and let it cure for a few days. After that all you do is literally wash and dry the car until the next spring.

What do you all think? What price would you need to see this combo at to do it yearly?

2. Likes panthershark, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What I want to see in 2019

That’s a tall order. Lol.

I’d rather not say how much it “should” be because I don’t want to contribute any ideas towards higher prices, but what you’re asking for is like a 1 and done for $30 bucks? I don’t think that’s gonna happen.

Post Thanks / Like

What I want to see in 2019

And you expect it to last through “brutal” winters?What I want to see in 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    That’s a tall order. Lol.

I’d rather not say how much it “should” be because I don’t want to contribute any ideas towards higher prices, but what you’re asking for is like a 1 and done for $30 bucks? I don’t think that’s gonna happen.
    That's exactly what I'm saying McKee's is close at $45 retail. To clarify this is assuming you only get one use out of the coating bottle. If the bottle lasts multiple uses after you open it that obviously changes things. Personally I think there's more room in the market between inexpensive sealants and premium multi-year coatings. Even if that market is just me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    To clarify this is assuming you only get one use out of the coating bottle.
    Why would you want it to be $30 bucks for a single use bottle, when you also say...

I think this would be the ideal daily driver combo. The reality for me is most vehicles I detail could really use a very light polish once a year.
    That makes it sound like you’d be using it on customers vehicles, and if that’s the case then it’d be far more expensive than the current prices on the market. Or am I misunderstanding what you’re saying?

Post Thanks / Like

And you expect it to last through “brutal” winters?What I want to see in 2019
    Sure, why not, it's a coating. Even if it's starting to degrade the idea is to make the spring cleanup easy for a light polish and a new layer. Done for another year.

Post Thanks / Like

or new girl putting her Starbucks on the roof.
    This should never happen under any circumstance. Seriously how dumb could she be to do that on your car? I don’t care how good she looks. She should know better after knowing you for 1 day not to ever be doing something like that.What I want to see in 2019Lol.

9. Likes DetailZeus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here in the Midwest *something* always seems to happen over the course of the year
    Certainly is a harsh world out there; no matter how careful one is, a black daily driver in the Northeast or Midwest is a losing proposition, a downward spiral into aesthetic depression each Spring as you assess winters damage.

Everytime I see marketing indicating "7 year coating" or some such nonsense I think "I'll bet I can peel that stuff off of my car in 18 months tops"

The ultimate for me would be something as easy to apply as Gyeon CanCoat w limited self healing; I wouldn't even care if it was $200 a pop if it truly lived up to expectations and *really* lasted for 12 solid months.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure, why not, it's a coating. Even if it's starting to degrade the idea is to make the spring cleanup easy for a light polish and a new layer. Done for another year.
    I predict that something of this sort will be available, but not till 2020. And what you’ll get is product that will finally survive the brutal winter you speak of, except the definition of survive will simply mean it’ll still bead, but you’ll still need to clay the hell out of that beading paint after your little brutal winter. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Why would you want it to be $30 bucks for a single use bottle, when you also say...

That makes it sound like you’d be using it on customers vehicles, and if that’s the case then it’d be far more expensive than the current prices on the market. Or am I misunderstanding what you’re saying?
    I'm talking the enthusiast market. Most consumer coatings are in the $60 - $120 ish range, but they tout 2-3 year durability. I'm suggesting I'd pay a little more than most sealants for a solid year of durability but not the premium for a multi-year coating. One year through four seasons is the sweet spot.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast