autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I’m not so sure Future Armour has SiO2 in it. I believe it is a traditional polymer spray sealant, but I could be proven wrong.

If I’m right it would explain why it does not have as good self cleaning as Wet Coat, which I would guess HCW would be similar to, given they are both SiO2 infused products which typically have good self cleaning ability.

Future Armor should be also a SiO2 Product. So are there any experiences with HCW and self cleaning?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iceman666 View Post
    Future Armor should be also a SiO2 Product. So are there any experiences with HCW and self cleaning?
    I have had HCW and TW SNS beside each other on the hood. And on all of the vertical panels I had the new version of Gyeon Wet Coat. Wet Coat blew both away in self cleaning ability from it and longevity even if it had been applyied 6 weeks before. Remember this was on just on a very well maintained paint and after a thorough wash these where applyied. To get the most out of both HCW and TW SNS it seems to be applyied on a very well preped paint as in a polished one. Then they might even go better than the Wet Coat. But Wet Coat is hard to beat when you just need to be getting on something after a wash. It's not so finicky if some old protection or some contaminants is on the paint.

Did you have the clear bottle of Gyeon Wet Coat last? If so I would go with the new version of Gyeon Wet Coat which comes in the orange bottle now. I have used both and the new version is noticeble stronger protection and a stronger performance from the first application. It took 2-3 applications of the old version before I reached a higher performance from it. Don't get me wrong I did get a good performance from it but when the 3 application of it after the 3rd wash it had a higher performance from it than from the first application if that makes sense LOL. I was surprised when I first used the new version of Gyeon Wet Coat when I got such a high performance from right away and that it holded up well over 3-4 months this fall. With just Carpro Reset car soap as a wash and no topper or drying aid or nothing extra used on it.

Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax is a hybrid and the Gyeon Wet Coat feels more like a SiO2 product. From the use I have been doing. If you go with HCW as it's not a bad product at all. Do a very thorough prep is my advise. If you want to see some testing with these products. Go and look at the Forensic Detailing Channel on Youtube and a couple of days ago he did a big test with 8 different spray on rinse off products and both HCW and Wet Coat was in the test. If you want a spoiler alert Wet Coat did not won by points but still it where Jons winner as it had a better a very noticeble higher self cleaning ability from it than the other products in his testing. I can only agree as I have used the top 4 in that test. With Sonax Spray and Seal and Gyeon Wet Coat the most. Sonax Spray and Seal is also a great product if you want to try something else out. But Wet Coat is like a new product if you used the old version before.

YouTube

/ Tony

3. Thanks Klasse Act, mdbenge thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

@SWETM

Thank you for sharing your experience! This was very helpfull for me. I have seen the review on youtube. I think will go with the new wetcoat.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

@SWETM

Thank you for sharing your experience! This was very helpfull for me. I have seen the review on youtube. I think will go with the new wetcoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars recommends skipping the high pressure rinse the first time you use it. Basically they are saying in the directions to spray it on then wipe (buff) it dry like a spray wax the first time.

Can I skip this step the first time if I already have a base coating? That's suppose to be the whole point. It says no buffing right on the bottle?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Meguiars recommends skipping the high pressure rinse the first time you use it. Basically they are saying in the directions to spray it on then wipe (buff) it dry like a spray wax the first time.

Can I skip this step the first time if I already have a base coating? That's suppose to be the whole point. It says no buffing right on the bottle?
    If you have a good protection on the paint already. You can go with the spray on rinse off with the HCW. It's when you have water standing flat on the paint that the HCW has a problem to penetrate down to the paint properly.

If you want to save some product. You can spray 2 sprays per a wet panel and use a mf towel or mf applicator sponge and fast just spread it out evenly. Then you rinse off it thoroughly. Especially HCW since it's thick and very strong I find this to be a great way to apply it. Then dry as usually. This way I do with every spray on rinse off product I use. Get me a little extra longevity but mostly an even coverage from this kind of products. Some like to use it like the first application as a drying aid basicly. Just try to not use too much of HCW when you apply it as it's stout and will be a little streaking. Also think of moving the spray head when you trigger it so you spread it out evenly as possible as mentioned it can be hard to get it out evenly cause of it's thickness. The spray heads nozzles I've seen on YT from the US detailers where it's comes out in a stream more than like a mist. I was prepared for when first going to be trying it. Was very surprised when it misted out wide and nice so they may have changed the nozzle or if it's another one here in Sweden. Just hold it a little more than a foot away from the paint and give the trigger a proper pull while you move it over the paint and you will be fine with the application. Don't let it dwell and don't do larger area at once as it's instantly bonding to the paint when you rinse it off. Make sure that you get everything off but you notice that and usually picks up the streaking with the drying towels. But if it's takeing longer time until you drying it you may need to be a mf towel that you usually buffing off spray waxes and such.

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    If you have a good protection on the paint already. You can go with the spray on rinse off with the HCW. It's when you have water standing flat on the paint that the HCW has a problem to penetrate down to the paint properly.

If you want to save some product. You can spray 2 sprays per a wet panel and use a mf towel or mf applicator sponge and fast just spread it out evenly. Then you rinse off it thoroughly. Especially HCW since it's thick and very strong I find this to be a great way to apply it. Then dry as usually. This way I do with every spray on rinse off product I use. Get me a little extra longevity but mostly an even coverage from this kind of products. Some like to use it like the first application as a drying aid basicly. Just try to not use too much of HCW when you apply it as it's stout and will be a little streaking. Also think of moving the spray head when you trigger it so you spread it out evenly as possible as mentioned it can be hard to get it out evenly cause of it's thickness. The spray heads nozzles I've seen on YT from the US detailers where it's comes out in a stream more than like a mist. I was prepared for when first going to be trying it. Was very surprised when it misted out wide and nice so they may have changed the nozzle or if it's another one here in Sweden. Just hold it a little more than a foot away from the paint and give the trigger a proper pull while you move it over the paint and you will be fine with the application. Don't let it dwell and don't do larger area at once as it's instantly bonding to the paint when you rinse it off. Make sure that you get everything off but you notice that and usually picks up the streaking with the drying towels. But if it's takeing longer time until you drying it you may need to be a mf towel that you usually buffing off spray waxes and such.

/ Tony
    Thanks! I like your microfiber applicator method. The directions on the product say to spray the entire car then rinse. This is assuming you have already applied it and gone straight to buffing off with no rinsing for the first use.

Honestly I will probably just use something more simple as I thought it was spray and rinse right off the bat. That's how it's advertised then they throw the other method in there in fine print.

Post Thanks / Like

You can absolutely just spray on and rinse off with HCW. I have always just sprayed on a panel or 2 with every spray on rinse off product. Didn't know that they recommend you to spray on the HCW on the whole car and then rinse. These kind of spray on rinse off products like Gyeon Wet Coat and Carpro Hydro2 lite and Sonax Spray and Seal. If you do let them dwell for even a couple of minutes if the temperature is like in the summer. Yeah you will get a very hard to rinse them off thoroughly. I have seen a disaster with Gyeon Wet Coat where one left it on the paint for about 20 minutes. It cured so hard and the high spots after it was crazy. Then he feeled ashamed and didn't get help until a week afterwards this happened. Let's say it took a long time to wet sanding it down gently so as little as possible of the clearcoat where removed. I will look at my bottle of the HCW if you should spray the whole car with it before rinsing it off. Always thought when these kind of products got more popular by the masses that we should see many more problems with the wrong applications of them. But used properly they are very easy to use and it goes fast to apply them. Have used them very much on my own car for the last 2 years or so. With a physical disability as I have these are amazing to use. The wipe down after you have sprayed it on is just a trick to save you a lot of product. Spray on 3-5 spray on rinse off a panel or 2 works awesome that too. HCW seems to be developed for very easy to use. I have not been able to use it as spray on rinse off and just as the first foundation layer is what I have done so far. A little over 4 months longevity from it and as the TW SNS on the other side of the hood where applyied at the same time. And they where as even as they could be. A slight edge to the HCW if anything with a little better self cleaning ability from it and a little more contact angle on the beading but not by much of a difference between them. So don't be afraid of useing them.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax-whatsapp-image-2020-02-01-16-40-45-jpg

Hi New Formula:

7 Part of Megs Final Inspection M34 and 1 Part Megs Hybrid Ceramic Wax.

Amazing !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by checanet View Post
    Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax-whatsapp-image-2020-02-01-16-40-45-jpg

Hi New Formula:

7 Part of Megs Final Inspection M34 and 1 Part Megs Hybrid Ceramic Wax.

Amazing !!!
    love it great ideer. I have a bunch of cwax and seal and shine anyone have any ideas

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast