autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

I have been applying this to my black Subaru Forester, unfortunately during the "base" process which I assume it's a wipe on and wipe off process, but it is leaving behind a blotchy type finish.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong ? I have tried using more product, less product, instantly wiping it off and leaving it a little longer.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Booki View Post
    I have been applying this to my black Subaru Forester, unfortunately during the "base" process which I assume it's a wipe on and wipe off process, but it is leaving behind a blotchy type finish.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong ? I have tried using more product, less product, instantly wiping it off and leaving it a little longer.
    If you mean streaking. I had the same issue. Too much product and not enough of a buff off. Give it a few washes and it should even out

Sent from my SM-G973F using Autogeekonline mobile app

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Booki View Post

Dilution of the product, pre-application, has been talked about, multiple times. Did you try that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    So you are not using it as a spray and rinse at all, just as a spray wax every time?
    Correct. I did the full strength base coat first (spray onto wet car and wipe) and after that, I've been maintaining it with the diluted bottle. I'll be moving at the end of the month, so I gave my car a solid exterior cleaning because I may not get to it again before it's too cold and this is what I did, which seemed to work really well:

1) Washed with Meguiars Gold Class shampoo
    2) McKee's Hydro Blue Si02 (spray on/rinse off)
    3) Dried the car
    4) Meguiars HCW (diluted 4:1) and wiped off
    5) Coated the tires with Megs Endurance Gel (I hate this stuff)

This should hold me over until Spring and then I'll repolish my car to finally add that bottle of McKee's V2 Paint Coating or I'll just stick to what I've been doing because it works well for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the HCW and the McKee’s soap don’t play well together?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    I wonder if the HCW and the McKee’s soap don’t play well together?
    I also have the McKee's Si02 Auto Wash and it worked the same as always when I last used it (roughly a month ago). The only "issue" I've had, which really isn't an issue IMO is the soap doesn't cling as well with HCW on it (both McKee's and Meguiars), it slides right off.

Edit: I also have the McKee 37 Coating Prep wash that I plan to use in the spring when I do a detail, so we'll see if that can strip the HCW off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by indyz View Post
    Dilution of the product, pre-application, has been talked about, multiple times. Did you try that?
    No, sorry I have not read through the entire thread.

Will have a search through.

Other then washing the car is there another method to remove the streaking? It just makes my paint work look uneven and poor.

Also, anybody applied it to glass ?

Coated half my windscreen (again, bit blotchy) but havnt had any rain to test durability

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Try diluting hcw 1:7 with water, for your next fresh application.

To remove streaking, you may have to use some stronger soap, not the pH neutral stuff that is normally used. Or you may just have to wash it many times, too much effort that way.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys im new to this forum.
    I have a question. How good is the "self cleaning" of HCW? Last winter i used gyeon wetcoat and may it has now the best beading but after i drove 400miles on a highway while it was raining/snowing the car looked very well.
    Right now i use the rest of my Dodo Juice Future Armor (great beading and also a SiO2 product) and if i drive on a rainy day the car looks really ugly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iceman666 View Post
    Hey guys im new to this forum.
    I have a question. How good is the "self cleaning" of HCW? Last winter i used gyeon wetcoat and may it has now the best beading but after i drove 400miles on a highway while it was raining/snowing the car looked very well.
    Right now i use the rest of my Dodo Juice Future Armor (great beading and also a SiO2 product) and if i drive on a rainy day the car looks really ugly.
    I’m not so sure Future Armour has SiO2 in it. I believe it is a traditional polymer spray sealant, but I could be proven wrong.

If I’m right it would explain why it does not have as good self cleaning as Wet Coat, which I would guess HCW would be similar to, given they are both SiO2 infused products which typically have good self cleaning ability.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast